Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Moderation

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Moderation
This evening I had to do something that I wanted to avoid, delete some posts.

The past couple of days there has been a group of several people (or perhaps one with multiple personalities?) insulting posters and the game with vulgar language and malicious intent.

I can take disagreement and different view points. But I will not stand for this kind of abuse. I don't get paid to write here, and neither does anybody else, so I don't care about the number of hits the site receives. But I do care about the quality of posts.

I got some personal mail complaining that this "used to be a great place for discussion," but "is fast becoming an unpleasant place for serious, interesting discussion about Pro Yakyu."

Those of you posting this "unpleasant" stuff sound like you're very knowledgable about the game. Why are you waisting bandwidth with juvenile attacks rather than adding something constructive to the discussions?

I am not going to ban you or anything like that. It seems to me that you're acting like my 4 year old daughter, seeing how far she can push the rules. Well, now you know. As I expect of her, please learn from it and act properly from now on.

Civil disobedience has its place and form. What I've seen the past couple of days is not it. It's simply annoying. If you disagree with someone, don't call them names, explain why. Don't just nag, make a point. (You kids today don't know anything about flaming on the Internet. It probably reached its peak as an art form back in the late '80s to early '90s - before ISPs started springing up and the computer illiterate started getting online.)

So, you're not becoming an Orwellian unperson. Please show me that I don't have to start moderating posts.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.