Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

TV Alerts?

Discussion in the Administrative forum
TV Alerts?
I did a little searching, but couldn't find anything about when players are going to be on TV programs, or baseball blooper specials, etc. I was thinking maybe there should be a separate forum (or thread) dedicated to TV alerts for people to post when a player is going to be on, or when a special (like bloopers) will air on TV in Japan. There've been a couple of times where I started flipping through TV stations here and caught TV specials or interviews midway through, that I wish I would've known about before hand.

Another purpose of the forum/thread could be to help fans who are visiting Japan to catch Japanese baseball on TV. For example, baseball highlights & interviews can be seen on Suporuto every night on Fuji TV in the Tokyo area around midnight, channel 8 for most people around Tokyo I believe.

It would not have to be limited to just Japan though. For example, those NPB fans living outside of Japan could post items about such and such a station doing a special interview with Hideki Matsui or any other Japanese player. Or perhaps when a movie about Japanese baseball is going to be on TV? (I know, Mr. Baseball wasn't exactly the best movie.)

If information is posted though, I think the basic requirements would have to be 1) time, 2) channel, 3) region, and 4) description of broadcast.

Thoughts?
Comments
Re: TV Alerts?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 17, 2005 8:50 PM | YBS Fan ]

I think that's a very good idea. And as you can see, here's the forum!
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Feb 18, 2005 12:36 AM | YAK Fan ]

Thanks! Of course again tonight I stepped out of the shower to find a couple of Japanese players on the show Nanda!?. It was the Seibu Lions' Hiroyuki Nakajima, along with Hitoshi Taneda of the Yokohama BayStars discussing batting forms.

This isn't the first time I've seen baseball players on that show. Maybe I should keep checking the listings every week now that the baseball season is getting near.
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Feb 18, 2005 12:09 PM | YAK Fan ]

Since the forum is unmoderated and there is the risk of spam or flaming, how about limiting posting to the threads by registered members only?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 18, 2005 1:51 PM | YBS Fan ]

Another excellent suggestion. And done.

It's really not much of a road block, but should keep spam-bots away.
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Jul 29, 2005 2:44 PM | YAK Fan ]

Question, would it be possible to allow members to post media guide info for other Asian baseball leagues? I'd be interested in watching a game from South Korea or Taiwan over the Internet, if it's even possible. Or would you rather that section be kept for Japanese baseball?

I've been keeping an eye on the "Around Asia" thread, and I remember watching a little bit of the different styles during the Olympic qualifiers in Nov. 2003.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 29, 2005 3:53 PM | YBS Fan ]

While the Media Guide forum is mainly for timely notices of baseball related broadcasts in Japan, I have no qualms about Internet broadcasts of other Asian baseball games being announced there as well.

If there's a site that has KBO or CPBL games frequently, a permanent link in Media Guide and under Links would be most appriciated, with information on how to get the game to come up for those who can't read Korean and/or Taiwanese.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.