Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Mets Place K. Matsui on DL

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Mets Place K. Matsui on DL
The Mets have placed Kazuo Matsui on the 15 day Disabled List (with a severely bruised knee) today (June 20th).

Kaz was injured on a slide by A's catcher Jason Kendall last Thursday. Mets' GM Omar Minaya said the bruise is a serious injury. [News - MLB.com]
Comments
K. Matsui Back in Action
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 31, 2005 5:52 AM ]

Kazuo Matsui started his first game at GCL Mets at DH and went 1 for 3 with a home run and 3 RBIs.

Kaz is expected to start at second base today (July 30th). Matsui is hoping for an early-August return.

[Full Story - Japan Ball]
[Minor League Stats]
Re: K. Matsui Back in Action
[ Author: Guest: Soto | Posted: Aug 2, 2005 11:32 PM ]

I am surprised that Kaz Matsui admits his knee still bothers him after all this time. Hope he can contribute when he returns.
Re: Mets Place K. Matsui on DL
[ Author: Guest: vinmetsf1 | Posted: Jul 31, 2005 2:40 PM ]

I am here in New York and a huge Mets fan. Honestly, I think the Mets are keeping Kazuo Matsui on the disabled list longer than expected because of his troubles playing second base. And it appears he is having trouble with his vision, which has been publicly known for a while now.

The Mets are presently involved in trade talks, and are rebuilding for today and next year.

From Vinny in New York.
[ Author: Guest: Al Luplow | Posted: Aug 3, 2005 2:36 PM ]

Kaz is tearing up the rookie league. Here's the latest from mets.com:
Kaz Matsui played seven innings at second base in a rehab start for the Gulf Coast League Mets on Monday. He went 2-for-4, hitting two singles.

Minaya expects Matsui to return early next week. Randolph didn't offer a ringing endorsement when discussing how the second sacker will fit in upon his return.

"When he comes back, he'll have to just fall into being part of this team," Randolph said. "It's not a situation where when he gets here, he's going to be right back in the lineup. Maybe he might. ... It could be a great situation where he gets hot and plays real well for us, and that would be right on time."
[ Author: Guest: Tigers Baka | Posted: Aug 4, 2005 12:53 AM ]

I wouldn't expect anything less from a seasoned veteran than to "tear up the rookie league."

I'd love to see him have a great comeback, but experience says it isn't going to happen.
[ Author: Guest: Al Luplow | Posted: Aug 5, 2005 12:29 PM ]

Kaz went hitless for the Coney Island Cyclones (Low A ball) tonight. He's going to play a few AA games in Binghamton and then the Mets' braintrust will decide the next step.

The New York fans are outraged at Willie Randolph, Looper, Hernandez, and of course, Carlos Beltran. It's pretty ugly, but it at least shows some of them are equal opportunity jerks. Kaz can slip into the line-up without the spotlight and if he can deliver, he can redeem himself. Some of the fans are frying bigger fish right now. It's the right time for him to be a hero if he has game.
[ Author: Guest: Chester | Posted: Aug 7, 2005 1:10 AM ]

Kaz man is coming up on Tuesday. He's giving the Mets an O-Ban gift.
[ Author: Guest: Al Luplow | Posted: Aug 7, 2005 9:37 AM ]

Another hit today for Kaz in Bingo. He's hitting .400! Watch out, there's a new Sheriff in town - Tuesday, against San Diego.

The Phoenix Rises in Phlushing!

The Emperor Takes Back Queens!

Mayhem By Matsui!

Kaz Katalyst for Katastrophe for Opposition!

[Sic on Katalyst and Katastrophe.]
[ Author: Guest: Al Luplow | Posted: Aug 8, 2005 12:32 AM ]

Phlushing is sic too. (Flushing)
[ Author: Guest: Al Luplow | Posted: Aug 8, 2005 1:12 PM ]

Today's Kaz announcement. Preety good showing. From mets.com:
Kaz back: Matsui made his final rehab start for Double-A Binghamton on Sunday, going 2-for-4 with two runs scored, a double and two stolen bases.

Randolph said that while Matsui will play second when he returns to the team, it wouldn't be as a starter right away.

"Miguel [Cairo] has been doing a good job," Randolph said. "I believe in staying with guys who played for me and busted for me every day, and I think there's something to be said for your loyalty to who's doing what for you at that particular time."
He has to get in the groove quickly when he rejoins the Mets.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.