Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Jerrod Riggan

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Jerrod Riggan
Updating Jerrod Riggan, former Hanshin Tiger, now with the New York Mets. He is currently rehabbing with high class A affiliate St. Lucie Mets.

10 innings pitched, 5 hits, 12 strikeouts, 3 walks, 0 runs.

Looks like he is coming back well from his elbow surgery. Seems like some Japanese team would want him back after the numbers he put up in 2003 and 2004.
Comments
Re: Jerrod Riggan
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jul 31, 2005 6:02 PM | CLM Fan ]

Someone sign Jerrod Riggan! It's too bad Chiba Lotte are overstocked with talented suketto already.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 1, 2005 4:27 AM ]

If I'm not mistaken, didn't the deadline to sign foreign players end already? I think a NPB team needs to take another chance on Riggan after the season.

Riggan has been perfect in rehab so far, 2 wins and 0 losses with a 0.00 ERA, 3 BB's, and 12K's in 8 games/3 starts. [Minor League Stats]
[ Author: Guest: Guest | Posted: Aug 10, 2005 7:33 AM ]

Looks like he got a promotion to Binghamton (AA) and he's still doing fine.

Maybe he'll get a shot with an MLB team, maybe the Mets?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 10, 2005 9:57 AM ]

- Maybe he'll get a shot with an MLB team, maybe the Mets?

The Mets might bring him up as a September callup. If that goes well they might bring him back on a minor league contract for next year, with an invitation to spring training. Another MLB team might take a chance on him with a minor league contract next spring, too, if all goes well in September with an invitation to spring training.
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Aug 11, 2005 12:10 AM ]

Doesn't Riggan have an agent that can work on getting him back to Japan so he doesn't have to keep doing it himself? Scouts and managers aren't looking on this site for new players, not to knock the site, it's great. But he seems to be pitching well enough after his surgery, so he should let his performance do the talking - and an agent.
[ Author: Guest: Al Luplow | Posted: Aug 11, 2005 2:34 AM ]

If Riggan has an agent, which I'm sure he'll get since he has a good record in NPB and is pitching well in the minors, why wouldn't he look at signing an MLB contract? With the dearth of good arms in the Mets bullpen, I'm sure they are giving him a long look.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.