Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Transfer to MLB?

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Transfer to MLB?
Who are the top 5 players who are eligible to play in America next year that most likely will be playing for a MLB club next year.
Comments
Re: Transfer to MLB?
[ Author: Guest: Ed Kranepool | Posted: Feb 19, 2006 10:50 AM ]

Eeni, Meeni, Minee, Mo, and Nozomi.

You stepped in it. Sumimasen.
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Feb 20, 2006 9:31 AM | HAN Fan ]

Thank you Guest Kranepool for your answer. There are so many of these people who post many of the same questions. They should look at the numerous postings in the various forums at this website as well as links to other sites to come up with their own guesses and answers.
[ Author: Guest: Ed Kranepool | Posted: Feb 21, 2006 5:07 AM ]

I step in it myself sometimes, but I try not to. The approach to question could have been overlooked, except that the fellow was kind of demanding and dispensed with the introduction, proper appreciation and well, humility that a first time visitor should show.
[ Author: Guest: buymeabeer | Posted: Feb 21, 2006 10:11 AM ]

Didn't Nozomi and Kodama play together on the Sanyo team?
[ Author: Guest: Ed Kranepool | Posted: Feb 21, 2006 3:11 PM ]

LOL. Hikari throws lightning on the Sanyo team, I think too. The question is, can Nozomi, Kodama, and Hikari get to 700 wins?
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Feb 21, 2006 9:55 PM | HT Fan ]

But you know, I like Hayate up Tohoku way. He hits bullets down the line, while you've got to get reserved seats to see Komachi, who is as quick as an express on the training trips.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 22, 2006 9:05 AM | YBS Fan ]

If you hadn't noticed, the guys here are having a little fun with your question. For those of you who don't get the joke, it's evolved into a list and description of the various names of Shinkansen (Bullet Trains). Quite entertaining to the bi-cultural - but no amount of Googling will tell you about a Komada or Hikari thinking of going over to MLB any time soon.

The problem with your question is that it comes at a time when we're all getting ready for the upcoming season. I still haven't entered all of the new players for this season, and you're asking who will be leaving Japan at the end of the season. I don't even start thinking about that until October. Until then, it's irrelevant to NPB (Nippon Professional Baseball) fans.

Please don't take the above playing around the wrong way. I realize that the question was probably very important for your fantasy draft or something. If you're really interested in scouting future MLBers, though, I'd recommend following the NPB regular season here and on the sites listed at the top of this page. Then you'll best be prepared for your fantasy draft next year - having scouted the players personally.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.