Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Where's Yabu?

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Where's Yabu?
What's Yabu currently up to?
I know he was at the Rockie's Spring Training a little while ago, as they gave him a shot at the starting rotation.
Once he was assigned to AAA, this is where I lost him-- he isn't on the AAA roster for the Rockie's affiliate, and I read an article somewhere saying he asked to be released when this happened, and also an article that said he negotiated a new AAA contract.
Did he retire? Go back to Japan?
Comments
Re: Where
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Apr 17, 2006 12:00 AM | HAN Fan ]

I can't find Yabu on any Minor or major League roster either.
Keiichi Yabu?
[ Author: Guest: sharks410 | Posted: May 5, 2006 10:47 PM ]

Any idea where Yabu is?
Re: Keiichi Yabu?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: May 7, 2006 8:36 AM | SFT Fan ]

Yabu asked to be released by the Rockies after he was sent to AAA Colorado Springs. As of today, Yabu is still a free agent.
Re: Keiichi Yabu?
[ Author: Guest: Chris | Posted: May 8, 2006 4:54 AM ]

That's what I was thinking. He should give it another year - sit on the FA list if he has to, because he still has the stuff to get the job done if given the chance.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.