Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Sikorski joins Indians/MLB announcers

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Sikorski joins Indians/MLB announcers
I was watching the Braves/Padres game the other night and Brian Sikorski was pitching. He got lit up and got designated for assignment yesterday. Then I turn on the Indians/Angels game today and Sikorski is pitching for the Tribe. I was a little surprised to say the least. It's not quite Joel Youngblood playing for 2 different teams on the same day like he did in '83, but it was still pretty weird. Then again the Braves/Padres game was in San Diego and the Indians/Angels game was being played in Anaheim, so I guess Sikorski didn't have to go very far. The funny thing is, every time he pitches the announcers know his whole story about how he pitched the last 5 seasons in Japan. I'm glad to see the announcers doing their homework.

2 weeks ago, I was watching the Dodgers/D-Backs game when Thom Brennaman and Mark Grace (D-Backs TV) were talking about rookies with the most wins at the All-Star break and Brennaman mentioned Kazuhisa Ishii. He says, "That guy was unhittable when he threw strikes, but the problem was he couldn't throw any strikes. Where is he now?" Then Grace follows with, "Out of baseball." What a bunch of morons. They didn't even assume that Ishii had gone back to Japan to play in NPB again.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.