Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

North American Japan All-Star Series Broadcasts?

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
North American Japan All-Star Series Broadcasts?
I currently reside in New York. Is there any possible way I can watch the Japan All Star Series? MLB.com offers it, but I would have to pay for that. Are any Japanese sites broadcasting the games?
Comments
Re: North American Japan All-Star Series Broadcasts?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Nov 2, 2006 2:09 PM | SFT Fan ]

I know of no such Japanese site broadcasting the game, and from past experience, no Japanese website has ever shown the series live or for free. MLB would probably throw a fit if the series was shown for free. This is preventing nearly any Internet outlet from broadcasting it for free.

As for Japanese TV, in the past they have shown all of the games on TV, and I expect the same this year, though with the emergence of Japan in the WBC and the upcoming Konami Cup (Asia Series), that might not be such a certainty anymore, as the Nichi-Bei Series has lost it's once mighty aura. And this is probably the last one we'll see as the JPBPA (Japan Professional Baseball Players Association) has called for the end of the series.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.