Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Daisuke Matsuzaka projections for 2007

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Daisuke Matsuzaka projections for 2007
PROTRADE.com [not direct link to article - registration required?] has left the projection of Daisuke Matsuzaka in the hands of their traders, but his IPO price is their projection of how the talented young righty will fare in the AL East.

They estimate he will have a 3.90 ERA and 1.24 WHIP with 17 wins. Personally I think that ERA is a little bit too low for someone pitching in the American League for the first time.
Comments
Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka Projections for 2007
[ Author: Guest: puddin head | Posted: Dec 25, 2006 6:13 PM ]

The American League hasn't seen him yet, so the first time through the league he may be like Fernando-mania in 1981 and Hideo Nomo in 1995, totally un-hittable until someone figures him out. Even if a guy is from Timbuktu, if you have good location and have command of a selection of pitches, you're going to get hitters out.

Watching the Yankees, Tigers, Twins, and A's in last October's post season left me wondering if all the hype about the AL was justified. He won't have to pitch against Manny and D. Ortiz, and he'll have the crowd rooting for him at Camden Yards. The O's will probably put nine O's on the board when he faces them, unless he makes a mistake to Miggy.
Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka Projections for 2007
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Dec 29, 2006 1:09 PM | SFT Fan ]

Yes indeed, it will be fun to watch the AL East with Matsuzaka, Hideki Matsui, Igawa, Iwamura, and if healthy Mori.

As for the Orioles, we will probably get shut out by Matsuzaka to a fully packed crowd of Red Sox fans, screaming Let's Go Red Sox, Let's Go Red Sox. The good thing is I will be able to watch Matsuzaka this year a lot.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.