Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2007 Free Agents and Posted Players

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
2007 Free Agents and Posted Players
I've done my annual article on Japanese players who are coming to the majors along with some others of interest. It's posted at Baseball Guru.

Jim Albright
Comments
Re: 2007 Free Agents and Posted Players
[ Author: Guest: rob dorsey | Posted: Jan 7, 2007 11:15 AM ]

Thanks, Jim. Your info on these players is greatly appreciated annually.

I was surprised that Kazumi Saitoh was not one of the "Players to Watch." He's an elite pitcher in the Japanese leagues, and I have been hearing that he's a candidate to come over next year, and the DOB listed on this site indicates he won't turn 30 until November 30, 2007.

Also, I have heard that Torichika Aoki and Yu Darvish may be candidates to jump to the U.S. I would be interested in any info you can provide on how likely these 2 will come over and when. Also, is Kyuji Fujikawa a candidate for MLB? He has put up some monster numbers in relief over the past 2 years.
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Jan 10, 2007 1:15 AM ]

Pitchers just don't amass the numbers quick enough to make it into the players to watch. I haven't the time to fix that right now, so it won't be done this year. As for the others, it may be years before they're able to come, and they haven't made my cutoffs for players to watch. Ergo, I'm not going there right now. Sorry.

BTW, the player data is on this site, and much of the means to do my calculations are laid out in my articles. If you contact me through my baseballguru.com address, I can help with any questions you have about the method - but I won't be doing the work, you will.

Jim Albright
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Jan 10, 2007 10:05 AM | NIP Fan ]

Darvish just played his first full pro season last year and is practically going to be the Fighters' marquee player this year at the age of 20. It's pretty unlikely he will be going anywhere for the next several years, I'd guess.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.