Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Matsuzaka and Igawa Reviewed

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Matsuzaka and Igawa Reviewed
The Asahi Herald has an article up with a number of interviews about how various people think Matsuzaka and Igawa will do in the Majors. Double digit wins if they stay healthy seems to be the normal prediction for both pitchers. And notice that all of the "experts" here take note that Matsuzaka has more than that one pitch.

Much of the article is dedicated to the environments of pitching in Boston and New York and the mental makeup of the two players. It's interesting how important the psychological aspects are being taken in all of these articles. I had thought that MLB had given up on the psych game and just cared about strength vs. strength.
Comments
Re: Matsuzaka and Igawa Reviewed
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Feb 9, 2007 9:37 AM | NIP Fan ]

I don't know, but the line "I'm thinking 10-plus wins and a shorter haircut for his first season" from Jeff Williams had me laughing out loud.

Good article though, thanks for forwarding it.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.