Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Igawa Beats the Red Sox

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Igawa Beats the Red Sox
A nice day for us Kei Igawa fans. Igawa-san replaced injured Jeff Karstens in the first inning of today's Yankees-Red Sox match-up, and led the Bronx Bombers to a 3-1 victory, snapping a 7-game losing streak. Igawa worked six shutout innings, allowing two hits and four walks.

Kei-san earned plaudits from his boss Torre-kantoku, as well as reliever Mariano Rivera ("Igawa was outstanding. He picked us up.") and shortstop Derek Jeter ("That Kei can pitch.")

Yoku dekimashita, "Iron Nerves!" Ganbarimashita!
Comments
Re: Igawa Beats the Red Sox
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Apr 29, 2007 6:14 PM | HT Fan ]

Good to see, but he's got to show he can be consistent and follow this up with another worthy performance.
[ Author: Sara B | Posted: May 1, 2007 6:04 AM | HT Fan ]

Absolutely right, mijow. Lots of media speculation today about Torre-kantoku's job being in jeopardy, with the long losing streak. Since Igawa's victory was the only one for the Yankees in the latest bad stretch, no wonder Torre-san was smiling so broadly after that game. I think a lot of the Bronx Bombers were relieved and pleasantly surprised on Kei-san's good day.

Here's to many more. I guess Igawa's next outing will be Wed-Thu? Fingers crossed for him and hope he has his good stuff.
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: May 1, 2007 10:54 PM | SFT Fan ]

- Here's to many more. I guess Igawa's next outing will be Wed-Thu?

It looks like it will come on Saturday against Seattle. With the recent injury to pitcher Jeff Karstens this is the time for Igawa to have another strong game.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.