Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Igawa Stumbles On

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Igawa Stumbles On
Well, the story grows tiresome now. Kei Igawa had another bad outing today (June 30) at Yankee Stadium, despite flashes of excellence. I'll never stop being a Kei Igawa fan, but today I'm too dispirited to dredge up the stats of this disappointing game. You can read all about it on the NY Times or NY Yankee websites. The Yankees lost 7 - 0.
Comments
Re: Igawa Stumbles On
[ Author: Sara B | Posted: Jul 3, 2007 9:26 AM | HT Fan ]

Looks like Kei Igawa's next start for the NY Yankees will be Thursday, July 5 at 1:00 pm EDT in the Bronx, against the Minnesota Twins. Igawa is currently 2-2, with a 6.91 ERA.

In his last start on June 30, Kei-san struck out four and walked three, allowing five hits (including three home runs) and four runs in 6 1/3 innings.

Let's hope that Igawa starts to find his inner wa and turns things around from here on.
[ Author: Sara B | Posted: Jul 6, 2007 2:56 PM | HT Fan ]

Kei Igawa was a non-winner/non-loser this afternoon (July 5), on the mound in Yankee Stadium against the Minnesota Twins. Thanks to teammate Hideki Matsui's two-run homer in the eighth inning, the Yankees won the game 7-6. But Igawa continues to be a puzzle in the Bronx.

In his third start since being recalled from the minors on June 22, Igawa allowed five runs and seven hits in five innings. "This outing, I didn't do well at all," he said (through his interpreter). "I don't know when my next start is, but I definitely want to look at the videos, look at myself, and do well the next outing."
[ Author: Brimsek | Posted: Jul 13, 2007 1:09 AM | HNHF Fan ]

I'm really puzzled so far. I've seen some really encouraging signs - and then he seems to slip further back. I'm still hoping he'll do well.
[ Author: Sara B | Posted: Jul 15, 2007 8:17 PM | HT Fan ]

The New York Yankees' website lists Kei Igawa's next start on Monday, July 16 at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx (7:00 p.m. EDT, 4:00 p.m. PDT). Igawa will face the Toronto Blue Jays for the first time, with Josh Towers as their starting pitcher.

[By Editor: Can we start a new thread every now and then? This does seem to be technically Igawa stumbling on, but it would be nice to think of Igawa's next start afresh.]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.