Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Boston Red Sox and Chiba Lotte form Alliance

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Boston Red Sox and Chiba Lotte form Alliance
Craig Shipley, the vice president of international scouting for the Red Sox announced that Boston and the Chiba Lotte Marines have formed an alliance.

The two organizations will exchange "player evaluations, statistical analysis, coaches, training staffand front office personnel" to benefit MLB, NPB, and Asian baseball.

Full details are in the Associated Press article "Red Sox Form Alliance With Japanese Team."
Comments
Re: Boston Red Sox and Chiba Lotte form Alliance
[ Author: Guest: JOE KALESNIK | Posted: Jul 5, 2007 8:52 PM ]

I might add this; GM Theo Epstein said it's possible the Red Sox minor leaguers could go to Japan. So it may be possible that Pawtucket AAA Boston farm club could, in years to come, not get blue chip players. However, I see this as players who would need AAA playing, and not necessarily strong enough to be called up by the Red Sox. Pawtucket is 65 minutes from Fenway Park. Based on all the daily training the NPB clubs do, going to NPB might be like going to boot camp.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.