Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Takashi Saito in USA Today

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Takashi Saito in USA Today
Here is a nice article about Takashi Saito in today's edition of USA Today.

In the article, Marty Kuehnert is quoted as saying that Saito and Hideki Okajima have pitched better in MLB than anyone expected them to. I would agree, and I think that Akinori Otsuka and Takashi Kashiwada would fall into the same "better than expected" category also.

BTW, does anyone know if Saito's nickname of "Sammy" is short for "samurai?" I have read that Saito likes to wear a Japanese kimono in the clubhouse.
Comments
Re: Takashi Saito in USA Today
[ Author: Japanese Kid | Posted: Sep 14, 2007 8:09 AM ]

Hahaha! Thanks for the article. I'm really happy for Takashi, he has proven that he is the best closer in all of baseball, possibly in the world. He is immune to hits, runs, walks, he is simply amazing. Many would argue Putz is, but that is not the case. Takashi has the better numbers and has been in tougher situations, clutch saves to reach the playoffs and stuff.

I heard Takashi will stay another year with the Dodgers. If so, that would be a dream come true.

Takashi Cy Young!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.