Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japanese Reaction to A-Rod Steroid Scandal?

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Japanese Reaction to A-Rod Steroid Scandal?
What is the reaction to A-Rod (A-Fraud) admitting to using performance enhancing drugs? And was the apology enough, or is more needed to repair his status?
Comments
Re: Japanese Reaction to A-Rod Steroid Scandal?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 18, 2009 10:22 AM | YBS Fan ]

The Japanese reaction was that Hideki Matsui had mixed feelings about the issue of his former (current? - I don't keep track) team mate. Matsui doesn't understand why there's such a big to-do about it all and just wishes people would move forward.

In short, the A-Whatever thing is a total non-issue in Japan, not even worth getting a quarter of a page of space in the sports dailies. I don't even recall if his apology was published in the Japanese press. We tend to only see him through the eyes of his Japanese team mates or former team mates.
[ Author: Brad BT | Posted: Feb 19, 2009 6:14 AM | SEI Fan ]

Thank you for the comment. It is good to see what people outside of the States think about this particular topic.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Feb 18, 2009 1:06 PM | YOK Fan ]

There is none basically.

Let me put it this way, Darvish walking through Miyazaki airport in a T-shirt gets more coverage than A-Rod admitting to steroid use does here in Japan.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.