Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Web Log for a Japanese Baseball Tour

Discussion in the Links forum
Web Log for a Japanese Baseball Tour
Rob Neyer's ESPN page has a link to the web log of someone currently on a Baseball Tour of Japan. [Link - Blog-City.com].
Comments
Re: Web Log for a Japanese Baseball Tour
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 21, 2003 8:50 AM | YBS Fan ]

Timmerman-san's tour? I missed him last weekend with the Tokyo SABR chapter. Got the message the day before and am in the middle of getting ready to move.

Timmerman-san has written in quite a few times in the past (former incarnations of this site). He's great with the numbers like Albright-san. It looks like he was washed out at Yokohama last night (May 20), too.

Those of you looking for a taste of the various stadiums, check it out. Days with entries are on the calendar on the left. I'm not sure what will happen with the blog next month, but I imagine that, unless he puts direct links on the front page, you'll have to turn the calendar back to May to reach his reports.
[ Author: btimmer | Posted: Jun 5, 2003 7:21 AM ]

Hi folks,

Yes, I'm back in the States and you do indeed have to page back to get to the entries now. I saw games from 5/14 through 5/27. I had no game on 5/17 and was rained out in Yokohama on 5/20.

I'm hoping to write another summary of the trip and it should appear on baseballprimer.com.

However, even though I've been back in the U.S. since May 28, my body still isn't sure when to get up or go to sleep, so I've had a hard time sitting down to write.

I've got some good photos and had some interesting interviews with Trey Moore, Rick Short, Scott McClain, and two Slylys.
[ Author: btimmer | Posted: Jul 12, 2004 5:32 AM ]

I've brought my web site back from the dead as I'm giving a presentation on my tour at the SABR Convention in Cincinnati on July 16.

The web site's new URL is here.

MLB.com is also supposed to be covering my presentation, although it will be in a different format.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.