Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

MP & Silva ends CPBL distribution contract

Discussion in the CPBL News forum
MP & Silva ends CPBL distribution contract
On 2014-7-20 The China Post wrote:
MP & Silva abruptly terminated a contract to distribute Taiwan's professional baseball games in the local media, citing a breach of contract by the league.

[Full Article: http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/national/national-news/2014/07/20/412795/MP-and.htm]
Comments
Re: MP & Silva ends CPBL distribution contract
[ Author: NelsonChung | Posted: Jul 24, 2014 1:27 AM | NIP Fan ]

What idiocy. This league is so dysfunctional.
[ Author: NelsonChung | Posted: Jul 24, 2014 2:26 PM | NIP Fan ]

The CPBL must be very difficult to deal with. VL channel couldn't deal with them, MP & Silva couldn't deal with them. I read on Yahoo! Sports Taiwan that Fox is being considered.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 24, 2014 4:01 PM | YBS Fan ]

Well, I recall you calling this one, Chung-san. At least, I recall you saying that it'd be the fans who would lose in this deal, and that's looking more likely.

The league's dysfunctionality may actually be a blessing. Broadcasters are going to continue broadcasting so long as they're getting the feed, and it doesn't appear that anybody in the league knows how to stop the feed.

Three cheers for disfunctionality! Hurah! Hurah!
[ Author: NelsonChung | Posted: Jul 31, 2014 10:01 PM | NIP Fan ]

I'm not an expert on sports marketing and distribution rights, so perhaps you can fill me in.

The CPBL's move in ditching VL Sports and choosing the less-accessibile MOD. What was the logic behind that? I simply don't get it. It seems like you'd want games in as many TVs as possible. Did MP & Silva have anything to do with that decision?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.