Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

'Little' Matsui

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
'Little' Matsui
According to a recent Japan Times article, scouts from the San Diego Padres, Pittsburgh Pirates and Boston Red Sox observed the Lions' shortstop in action at Chiba Marine Stadium.

In the story, Bill Singer, a special assistant to the general manager for the Pirates organization said, "Matsui's got the ability. He can play in the big leagues. I really think he can."
Comments
Re: 'Little' Matsui
[ Author: 1908 | Posted: Aug 20, 2002 4:03 AM | HT Fan ]

And this is from Peter Gammons' latest Diamond Notes:

Several teams, including the Red Sox, Mariners and Mets, have been in Japan investigating the possibility of Seibu Lions shortstop Kaz Matsui coming to the states for next season.

"He can be a very good offensive middle infielder for someone," says one AL GM. "He's coming this winter, so it will an interesting bidding situation."

Re: 'Little' Matsui
[ Author: Guest: Tex | Posted: Aug 23, 2002 12:27 PM ]

So what would be the odds of both H. Matsui and K. Matsui coming to MLB during the off season? From what I have been reading from you all it seems very possible.
Re: "Little" Matsui
[ Author: 1908 | Posted: Oct 3, 2002 6:04 AM | HT Fan ]

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/newse/20021003wo57.htm

"Seibu shortstop Kazuo Matsui said he wanted to help the Lions battle for a second-straight PL title next season, a sign that he will not attempt to go to the major leagues through the posting system, the Hochi Shimbun reported in its Wednesday [October 2] edition."
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.