Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Matsui staying in Japan?

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Matsui staying in Japan?
The Seattle Times is reporting that the word around the GM meetings is he wants to stay for another season and play in the Olympics. Any news in Japan on this?
Comments
Re: Matsui Staying in Japan?
[ Author: Guest: Suraj | Posted: Nov 12, 2003 6:29 PM ]

Pure speculation. Haven't seen any statements from any source in Japan saying that.
Re: Matsui Staying in Japan?
[ Author: Guest: Will | Posted: Nov 13, 2003 10:59 PM ]

The New York Post is reporting that Kaz has narrowed his choice to three teams. The Yankees, Dodgers, and Mariners. Citing the same "sources," the Post also reports that the chance of Kaz coming to the U.S. is 80 percent. [Link]
Re: Matsui staying in Japan?
[ Author: CFiJ | Posted: Nov 13, 2003 11:34 PM ]

I wouldn't say it's pure speculation.

Matsui has stated that he feels it's 50/50 on whether he'll stay in Japan or go to the U.S. Also, Matsui has expressed a desire to play at Athens. I believe Hideki Matsui got permission to play in the Olympics written into his contract with the Yanks, but I could be wrong.

Basically, it's just one of many factors. Nothing has been definitely decided.
Re: Matsui staying in Japan?
[ Author: Guest: Brad | Posted: Nov 14, 2003 12:17 PM ]

The NY Post is a Tabloid rag. And nothing they say can be taken seriously.
Matsui NOT Staying in Japan
[ Author: Guest: wayne rumsey | Posted: Nov 18, 2003 1:51 AM ]

Seems to be official. He's coming! [ESPN.com]

- Wayne
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.