Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pitcher on his Way?

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Pitcher on his Way?
I heard something about a good Japanese pitcher coming to North America to play baseball. Is this true and what is his name? And is he any good like Nomo or Ishii?
Comments
Re: Pitcher on his Way?
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Jun 30, 2004 9:19 AM | HAN Fan ]

Hard questions to answer since you don't have a name. There are eight Japanese pitchers on Major League rosters and at least seven pitchers on Minor League teams in North America currently.
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Jun 30, 2004 11:17 AM ]

Are you seriously asking this question? It's a bit vague, don't you think? Let's see, so far this season 3 Japanese pitchers made their big league debuts-Takatsu, Otsuka, and Tadano. Next year there could be a couple more Japanese pitchers headed to MLB, but unless you give specifics there is no way to figure out who the heck you're talking about.
[ Author: japfan | Posted: Jun 30, 2004 3:59 PM ]

I think Dave is talking about Daisuke Matsuzaka who was rumored to have asked permission to be posted by Seibu. I read that the NY Mets might be interested because he will spend a part of spring training with them (like Nakamura with Los Angeles).
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: Jul 4, 2004 12:45 AM ]

He's probably either talking about Matsuzaka or Koji Uehara.
[ Author: wattyfan | Posted: Jul 4, 2004 9:02 AM ]

I know a good pitcher that is on his way to Japan!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.