Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Iguchi to White Sox

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Iguchi to White Sox
The White Sox are close to signing Japanese second baseman Tadahito Iguchi, the New York Post reports.

Iguchi likely would be a significant upgrade over Willie Harris for the White Sox. His 20 HR-20 SB ability would make him a very intriguing fantasy second baseman if he does sign.

Jan. 5 - 4:09 am ET
Source: New York Post
Comments
Re: Iguchi to White Sox
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jan 6, 2005 10:20 PM ]

According to this report [Japan Ball], the deal isn't as close as announced. Iguchi and the White Sox have reached a snag in contract negoitations.
[ Author: Guest: spike1057 | Posted: Jan 21, 2005 8:01 AM ]

I think Iguchi should take the Sox low offer and then prove himself. After that he can then request the money he wants. Until he proves himself in the States, he's not going to make that much money.
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Jan 21, 2005 10:04 AM ]

Well, he's already proven he can earn that much in Japan, probably more. Frankly, from what I read, both sides are taking absurd positions on this one.

Jim Albright
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.