Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Iguchi is Very Close to Signing with the WhiteSox

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Iguchi is Very Close to Signing with the WhiteSox
Jayson Stark is reporting that Tadahito Iguchi is very close to signing a 3 year deal with the WhiteSox.
Comments
Re: Iguchi is Very Close to Signing with the WhiteSox
[ Author: Jabroni | Posted: Jan 22, 2005 10:11 AM ]

- Jayson Stark is reporting that Tadahito Iguchi is very close to signing a 3 year deal with the WhiteSox.

Where did you hear this? Did Jason Stark say it on ESPN or did you read it in an article?
Iguichi
[ Author: Guest: JW | Posted: Jan 22, 2005 10:13 AM ]

Do you mind if I ask where you heard that from? Was it on the TV or radio or something? Maybe a link?
[ Author: Guest: JW | Posted: Jan 22, 2005 10:52 AM ]

Do you mind if I ask where you heard that? Did you hear it on the TV or radio? Maybe on a web site somewhere?

Just real curious. Thanks!
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jan 22, 2005 1:00 PM ]

As of right now (January 21, 2005), the negotiations with Iguchi have not moved toward a three-year deal. Right now this is pure speculation by Stark.
[ Author: Jabroni | Posted: Jan 23, 2005 2:05 AM ]

- As of right now (January 21, 2005), the negotiations with Iguchi have not moved toward a three-year deal. Right now this is pure speculation by Stark.

Are you Iguchi's agent or something? How do you know this? Where are you getting your information from?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jan 23, 2005 11:05 AM ]

- Are you Iguchi's agent or something? How do you know this? Where are you getting your information from?

Tell me, if this is true, then why hasn't ESPN, MLB.com, or any of the newspapers reported this? You shouldn't believe every rumor out there. I won't believe this rumor, because at the moment, it is nothing but pure speculation.
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: Jan 25, 2005 4:51 AM ]

Well, he spoked the truth. Ya'll acted like an investgator with all the questions. [Link - MLB.com]
[ Author: Guest: jo$h | Posted: Jan 27, 2005 1:12 PM ]

Here are a number of links regarding the Iguchi signing with the ChiSox:
    Chicago Sun-Times: [Link1, [Link2
    Chicago Tribune (registration required): [Link]
    Daily Herald (suburban Chicago): [Link]
    Daily Southtown (suburban Chicago): [Link]
    USA Today (scroll down): [Link]
    ESPN.com: [Link]
    whitesox.com: [Link]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.