Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

CPBL Expansion Opportunity

Discussion in the Around Asia forum
CPBL Expansion Opportunity
I have been posting a lot of updates on the Chinese Professional Baseball League and am very interested in knowning whether or not CPBL expansion is a possibility. I am involved in the rubber business in Malaysia and Thailand (Lam Eng Rubber Factory (M) Sdn. Bhd.) If all goes well, the company would go public and be listed on the Bursa Malaysia stock exchange.

But I would love to own a baseball team. It would be good advertisement for the business. It would allow more companies that buy rubber (ie. tire, condom, glove companies) to recognize the company's name. Lam Eng wants to have the capabilities to do more business with companies from China, Taiwan, and Japan. I was wondering whether or not the CPBL is intereted in expansion and what would be the expansion fees?
Comments
Re: CPBL Expansion Opportunity
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 19, 2005 11:13 AM ]

I'm not sure if CPBL expansion is in the cards right now. They would have to add at least 2 teams, wouldn't they? A uneven number of teams wouldn't be a viable option would it? I'm not sure, and would be interested in hearing the exapansion fee price.

Is there another company interested in throwing their hat into the CPBL? It might be like the Rakuten-Livedoor situation this off-season in Japan after the Orix-Kintestu merger. Two new expansion teams could be what the CPBL needs right now.

Again, it would be interesting to know what the expansion fees would be.
Re: CPBL Expansion Opportunity
[ Author: Guest: The Garceman | Posted: Aug 23, 2005 6:50 PM ]

Please contact Mark (garce7 at juno d0t com) for more details about expansion.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.