Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Where are they now?

Discussion in the Around Asia forum
Where are they now?
Out of curiousity, what happend to the following players who played over in the U.S. for a while?
  • Jin Ho Cho (RedSox)
  • Sang Hoon Lee (RedSox)
  • Jae Hwan Seo (Mets) - Jae Weong Seo's brother.
  • Yoon-Min Kweon (Cubs)
  • Il Yop Kim (Phillies)

I've heard Lee and Cho went back to Korea together. Any info on those 5 players would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Frank

Comments
Re: Where are they now?
[ Author: Guest: B.J. Ahn | Posted: Jul 17, 2003 12:12 PM ]

Cho Jin-ho: Starting pitcher of the SK Wyverns. Not so outstanding so far this year: 3-2, 3.98 in 9 games.

Lee Sang-hoon: Closer of the LG Twins: 2-1, 3.05 with 19 saves. Came back to KBO last year.

Seo Jae-hwan: Coach of a middle school team in Chon-nam Province, Korea.

Kweon Yoon-min: His name is still seen on the Daytona Cubs' roaster.

Kim Il-yop: Release by Philadelphia in May this year. The latest news that I heard of him was that he was staying in L.A. for a surgery.
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: Jan 1, 2004 7:03 PM ]

Have Il Kim and/or Yoon-Min Kweon announced where they'll be playing in 2004?
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: Jul 1, 2004 7:26 PM ]

I was looking at a player who went to the same college I'm attending right now and found out Kweon is his teammate, appearantly he's still with the Cubs after missing all of last season.

But does anyone have any info on Il Yop Kim? And I "heard" that Sung Ki Jung, who pitched for the Braves' minor league team last year, is currently serving his military duty back home in South Korea. Can anyone confirm this?
[ Author: FrankIsTheMan | Posted: Apr 3, 2005 1:34 PM ]

Does anyone who follows Korean baseball has any info on Kweon, Il Kim, or Sung Jung for this coming up year?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.