Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

News from Taiwan?

Discussion in the Around Asia forum
News from Taiwan?
I need to hear some good news with Tsao on the DL. And after Chen and Wang failed to make the parent team.

Reiterating what Frank posted, where is Huang Chia An and Huang Chun Chung? Also is pitcher Lin Po Yu being scouted?
Comments
Re: News from Taiwan?
[ Author: FrankIsTheMan | Posted: Apr 5, 2005 3:41 PM ]

Well, where is Chen and Wang? I know Wang probably ended up in AAA, but I think Chen is out of options.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Apr 14, 2005 11:15 PM ]

I guess you're talking about outfielder Chin-Feng Chen. As for Chen, he's in AAA Las Vegas. [Link - Las Vegas 51s]
[ Author: Guest: Sam Fu | Posted: Apr 20, 2005 9:06 AM ]

Haung Chia An is now in Arizona, Haung Chun Chung is in LA and will be going back to Taiwan for his 10-day military service in a couple months. As for Lin Po Yu, he has not been scouted and is still in Taiwan. Any interests in Lin? You are welcome to contact me any time!
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jun 16, 2005 12:33 PM ]

I guess this is a great place to put an update on some Taiwanese players in the minors. [All links to MinorLeagueBaseball.com]

Yung Chi Chen (A Wisconsin) is batting .284 with 4 HR and 38 RBI.
Hong-Chih Kuo (A Vero Beach) is 1-1 with a 2.45 ERA in 9 games/3 starts, and has 9 BB/34 K in 22 IP.
Chin-lung Hu (A Vero Beach) is batting .270 with 5 HR and 29 RBI.
Ching Lo (A Asheville) is 3-3 with a 4.71 ERA in 12 games, and has 12 BB/58 K in 65 innings.
Chi-Hung Cheng (A Lansing) is 3-4 with a 3.19 ERA in 12 games, and has 26 BB/74 K in 62 innings.
Po-Hsuan Keng (A Lansing) is 2-2 with a 3.99 ERA in 12 games, and has 6 BB/26 K in 29.1 innings.
[ Author: Guest: BC | Posted: Jun 16, 2005 4:00 PM ]

Sam,

Thanks for the update. Sorry, I haven't been to this site in a while. I guess the Mariners are thinking about having Wu and Huang play together on a rookie level team. Makes sense to me - since Huang needs to be acclimated to the American lifestyle.

As for Lin Po Yu, I heard he was Taiwan's best amateur (high school level) pitcher. It's been a slow year, and I'm waiting to hear who will be the next amateur signee for a professional team in the U.S. or Japan.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jun 19, 2005 11:16 AM ]

Chin-Lung Hu replaced Scott Moore tonight at the Florida State League All Star Game, which I watched live via internet. Hu went 0-3 with 3 groundouts. [Link - Minor League Baseball]
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jun 22, 2005 1:14 AM ]

Catcher Chao Kuan Wu and shortstop Hyung Cho were assigned to A short-season Everett (Seattle). [Minor League Stats]
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jun 28, 2005 4:19 PM ]

Pitcher Hong-Chih Kuo was promoted to AA Jacksonville. In his debut (Sunday, June 26th) he gave up no runs, two hits, struck out 6 and walked only 1 in two innings. Kuo was clocked at 99 mph Sunday. [News MLB.com] [Stats - Minor League Baseball]
[ Author: Guest: BC | Posted: Jul 19, 2005 8:39 AM ]

The Mariners signed another Taiwanese player today:
Kuo-Hui Lo, a 19-year-old outfielder from Taiwan. Lo, a 6-foot-2, 190-pounder, is a Chinese Taipei National team member.

That makes 4 Taiwanese kids in their system. I guess that's the benefit to having a full time scout based in that country.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 19, 2005 10:17 AM ]

Huang Chia An is pitching to a 1-2 record, with a 7.30 ERA, in 4 games so far with R AZL Mariners this year. He has walked 8 and struck out 10 in 12.1 IP.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Chia%20An%20Huang&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&did=milb&pid=463743
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.