Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

ever played Konami's The baseball 2003 ?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
ever played Konami's The baseball 2003 ?

Hi , I already have pawapuro 12 ...but wanted to try another baseball game on the gamecube ( I don't have the ps2)...
I was wondering if anybody has ever played Konami's : The baseball 2003 ...
the graphics seems very realistic ...
any comment will be appreciated
Comments
Re: ever played Konami's The baseball 2003 ?
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 3, 2005 8:25 AM | CLM Fan ]

I have The Baseball 2003 Suikigou(Fall Version) for PS2. It was my first ever yakyu game and actually got me into Japanese baseball. I remember loving all the new personalities in the arcade version I played in 2002. In my first game, I hit a game winning homerun with Hideki Matsui. I'm tempted to pick up the 2002 version sometime in the future.

Anyway, I don't know how the spring version is like, but the version I have is really great. The fielding isn't as smooth as Pawapuro 12 or Pro Yakyu Spirits. In fact it's very jerky and robotic. The game makes up for it with very distinct hitting, though. Homeruns aren't cheap and when you hit one, you feel like you earned it.

I remember it having very distinct differences from Spirits like more mascot involvement. After hitting a homer, the players get a stuffed animal of the team mascot and throw it into the crowd. The announcing is also a lot better, since the game is fully licensed by NTV.

It's fun to play the game every now and then, because it's a great representation of that particular era in yakyu. You had Kaz Matsui at his peak, Nori and Tuffy tearing it up in Osaka, Hanshin's magical season, etc. The best thing about the fall version is that it has a pennant mode in which it starts from July. It totally recreates the season up until July, then you have to take over. The stats are exactly what they were by July, and injuries are accurate, too. I remember playing as the Swallows with Fujii and Iwamura out with major injuries.

Anyway, I think you should buy it, just for the nostalgia of that season.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 3, 2005 8:26 AM | CLM Fan ]

Syuukigo. Sorry.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 3, 2005 8:41 AM ]

thanks BigManZam.
and how is the hitting and pitching ?
is it possible to get realistic games ? ( and stats )?
do you know if you can play more then one season ?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 3, 2005 12:39 PM ]

also , is it possible to play manage-only ?
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Sep 4, 2005 4:55 AM ]

Well I've only played Pro Yakyuu 2004 and 2 but they belong in the same series. Sadly, there is no manage-mode in any of these game. In Baseball Live 2005 for the PS2 you can simulate the game while watching it but it take forever. The hitting and pitching interface are the best I've seen in any baseball game thus far. The stats and games are realistic is you play on the hard levels. Normal is really easy and the default ball speed is easy to connect HRs so you will have to bulk up the difficulty.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 4, 2005 5:01 AM ]

thanks for the reply...
Is there a way to set the hitting or pitching so that the cpu will hit or pitch ?( like in pawapuro ).
do you know if you can plya more then one season ?
do you have to manage your bullpen ? ( warm-up pitchers) ...
are the stats (games) realistic ?
[ Author: Guest: Torgo | Posted: Jun 30, 2008 1:34 AM ]

I realize that this is an old thread, but I just need to add this.

I just picked this game up for $10 at a Japanese market down in Chicago, and I'm really loving it. Does anyone know of any translations out on the net though? I probably won't be playing a season, but we play a lot of 2-player, so we'd like to be able to navigate some of the options etc more than anything else.

Thanks
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.