Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Rumors: PYS4 for PS2/PS3 in April, PawaPortable 2, and Netsu Sta 07 PS2

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Rumors: PYS4 for PS2/PS3 in April, PawaPortable 2, and Netsu Sta 07 PS2
Some very vague news just came out on the Japanese message board 2ch. This is supposed to be from an early copy of the new Famitsu. All it says is...

"Pawapuro PSP2 - Will be able to share

Pro Yakyu Spirits 4(PS2, PS3)

Pro Yakyu Netsu Sta 2007(PS2) - Will still have Famista Mode"

Then someone says that PYS4 is coming out on 4/1, which is a Sunday, so take this all with a grain of salt. They also added details.

"Modes will be Pennant, Spirits, MVP, Online, and Strike Pitch. Added ability to write your own ouen song. Kudoh will be with Yokohama."

Looks like they got rid of Home Run Derby and Management Pennant. I'll update here with more info as it becomes available. Hopefully I'll have pics to upload when that Famitsu releases.
Comments
Re: Rumors: PYS4 for PS2/PS3 in April, PawaPortable 2, and Netsu Sta 07 PS
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 31, 2007 3:37 PM | CLM Fan ]

Looks like it's been confirmed.

Pro Yakyu Spirits 4(PS2/PS3) Konami 4/1 7329 yen

Pro Yakyu Netsu Sta 2007(PS2) Namco 4/5 7140 yen

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyu Portable 2(PSP) Konami 4/5 5229 yen
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 31, 2007 5:47 PM | CLM Fan ]

Management Pennant is still in. Here are pics. Ignore the ranting crap the scanner put over the pics.

http://up2.viploader.net/pic/src/viploader405799.jpg
http://up2.viploader.net/pic/src/viploader405801.jpg

Looks like the presentation style hasn't changed much since the 360 version last year, but the faces look a lot better. I'll probably have to grab a PS3 so I can play this online.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Feb 1, 2007 6:38 AM | CLM Fan ]

Looks like the game is confirmed Blu-Ray, since it says BD-ROM as the format on the Famitsu article. Compare the pictures to the 360 version and see the immense difference. I didn't notice how amazing it was.

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/prospi/360/gallery/pacific.html

The skin texture and color is what really impresses me. Kiyohara has the really dark tanned yakuza skin, and Kudoh looks perfect with his pale skin. Pants look a lot better. You can see it in that picture with Kawakami pitching to Kensuke Tanaka. Also look at Kawakami in that pic. Looks like a complete different feel from PYS3. I'm hoping all pitching/batting forms were updated immensely once again.

The sleeves don't look perfect, but I'm willing to let it slide if the gameplay is as huge of a leap as PYS3 was to PYS2.

Looks like Management Pennant got an overhaul, because they show Bobby Valentine there with a PIP style presentation and management commands.

Online play will be free, and it looks like you can set games to 3, 6, and 9 innings. You pick your team, wait in the lobby, and find opponents. Lobbies will be separated by skill level. Records will determine where you rank. You can add little blurbs for your game, as well. Basically whether you're waiting for someone, want to play multiple player, etc. Hopefully you can play multiple guys. It's not mentioned, but I don't see why not. Imagine playing with your friend as a team's battery against a couple other guys.

One other difference I see from the 360 version is arm detail. Check out the forearms. All the faces shown on page 2 look perfect. Ogasawara of course has his clean shave look, but I don't know if he has short hair. Probably not.

[ Author: Guest: Shini | Posted: Feb 1, 2007 10:24 AM ]

man...looks awesome...i cant wait to see videos of it...but then I've got no PS3....now that's a big problem...think it's time to think of a plan B since I decided to buy(and bought) a wii.

i think guts did have a haircut like what johnny damon did when he joined yanks.

[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Feb 2, 2007 3:00 PM | CLM Fan ]

Very small preview of the official site is up. There are a couple new pics. I can tell that Fukudome, Morimoto, and Yagi all have new forms. PS3 version looks insanely good, and it seems like PS3 will be the one purchase I make all year.

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/prospi/4/index.html
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.