Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Annual sales numbers for PYS and Netsu

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Annual sales numbers for PYS and Netsu
Someone posted these numbers on 2ch, so I wanted to share them with you.

Pro Yakyu Spirits 2004 - 116,134
Netsu Chuu! Pro Yakyu 2004 - 116,689

Pro Yakyu Spirits 2 - 167,228
Baseball Live 2005 - 106,587

Pro Yakyu Spirits 3 - 167,477
Pro Yakyu Netsu Sta 2006 - 112,329

This is what I can tell from this sales trend, since I am all about analyzing things. Namco games have a hardcore following that rarely changes. They don't lose fans, but they don't make them, either. The Konami games have increased greatly since 2004, though, and here's my theory. The years in which PYS got 50,000 more sales were years in which Pawapuro went to crap. I'm guessing these are angry Pawapuro fans who went somewhere else for their gaming needs. Expect the same with PYS4 on PS3 and PS2.

I'm going to do what I can to show off this game on YouTube when I finally receive it. Since the PS3 is region free, the potential for this fanbase to grow is very strong.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.