Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Official PSN Thread and News On Ship Date

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Official PSN Thread and News On Ship Date
I'm making this thread to centralize all the PSN names for PS3 owners. So if you want to be part of a JapaneseBaseball.com network of Pro Yakyu Spirits 4 players, add your PSN name on here. We could set up dates and either have a small league or a tournament, if there is enough enthusiasm to do so.

I'll throw my name out there first. My PSN name is...

BigManZam

Creative, right? Anyway, I may have a bit of news on shipping dates for people going with the PlayAsia option. PlayAsia usually gets shipments of big budget games a day or two before official store dates HK time. So since Japanese game releases are usually on Wednesday, it's normal to expect them to get copies on Tuesday HK time, which is late Monday evening in the US.

This means nothing if you don't pick a decent shipping method, though. I got my PS3 in a day(I live in Seattle) using their UPS option, which was the cheapest option for the very heavy PS3. I chose UPS again for PYS4, which came to around 15 dollars, I believe. If you chose the cheapest shipping option, expect a delay of a week from the time your game ships. Of course if you wanna change, you can always email them.

So anyway, PYS4 is unlike 99% of games and is releasing on a Sunday. Most Japanese post offices are closed during the weekend, so that means shipments need to be in stores by Friday at the latest. Guys on 2ch are counting on being able to grab copies from smaller stores on Friday, since the big chains have strict policies regarding selling before street date. I wouldn't be surprised at all if copies come in with the Wednesday shipments, which could mean a ship date within the next couple days, so we should keep an eye out.

Comments
Re: Official PSN Thread and News On Ship Date
[ Author: ken_hanshin | Posted: Mar 26, 2007 11:43 PM | HT Fan ]

good thread.

my psn name is:

hata_kensuke

PS: i think now most post offices are opened on weekends due to privatization

the mail man delivered stuff to me on sunday last month..so..
[ Author: Guest: GDub816 | Posted: Mar 27, 2007 7:42 AM ]

Great, I bought mine from YesAsia.com for $59.99 and choose overnight shipping to NYC. Hopefully I will get the game around Tuesday the 2ND, this is probably the first time that I wish there are only 30 days in a month instead of 31.

BIGMAN, I received your invite, and I am excited about this league. I have long working hours but I guess I can still catch a few games when I get home with the EAST/WEST time difference. Really hope this game will fly~ bought a JPY PS3 just for this!
[ Author: Guest: SkyboxerOS | Posted: Mar 28, 2007 1:13 AM ]

US PS3 will play the game as it's region free, Correct?

(Moderator: Yeah. Why do people keep asking about this? It's like it's too good to be true, so people think Sony is going to go back on their word and region lock all consoles through mass confiscation.)
[ Author: Paakaa10 | Posted: Mar 28, 2007 2:40 AM | CLM Fan ]

To be honest, it is almost too good to be true that the PS3 is region-free when it comes to gaming. I've owned all three consoles of this new generation (started with a 360 which was traded in for a Wii which was traded in for a PS3) and I remember when PYS3 was announced for the 360. Wow, what a cool game, but I'm not buying a Japanese 360 to sit next to my American 360. I didn't even realize that PS3s were region-free for gaming until after I came to this site and saw all of the news about PYS4. In a way, it has helped to cement my feeling that I've arrived at the "correct" console for this generation of gaming.

As far as the potential league is concerned, my PSN name is "Paakaa10" but I'm going to be using an American PS3, in case this wasn't already painfully obvious. So, if it's possible to play online with an American PS3, I'd definitely be interested in playing some versus games or even a league set-up... I just probably won't be very good practice for anyone else until I figure out how to play.

(Mod: In all my time playing my Japanese PS3, there have been no issues with playing online. The only game that restricts server use is Resistance, and it's probably because it was a rushed game. 2K Sports games are poor due to bad programming, so online with them is an issue with all PS3 users. I've played around six PS3 games online.)
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 29, 2007 4:26 AM ]

I'll gladly play some games! My psn name is kwestroc
[ Author: Paakaa10 | Posted: Mar 30, 2007 5:08 AM | CLM Fan ]

Some exciting news from the Play-Asia front--my order information for PYS4 has been updated to "Preparing order", which according to the site means:

Your payment has been cleared and we are preparing your order now. In most cases your order will be dispatched within the mentioned "ETA" as shown in your order details page. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once your order has been sent out.

It would seem that the next step in the process is the item actually getting shipped out, so hopefully it will come in within the next week.

Mod: Seems at least one guy in Japan has the PS2 version already and took pics of the box. I'll update when he posts news.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 30, 2007 2:36 PM | CLM Fan ]

I don't have much money in my checking account right now, but I checked my online banking and a decent chunk of money was gone. It usually takes a day for my online account to show me who took money out of the account, but I only ordered pizza in the past couple days and over 100 bucks disappeared.

So yeah, I'd say they charged credit cards already and are sending our games out right now. If I'm lucky, I may have the PS3 version in my hands tomorrow. If that doesn't work and it gets here on Saturday or takes the whole weekend, don't worry. I'll have updates and start translations on the PS2 version at least.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 30, 2007 8:09 PM | CLM Fan ]

Wow. Konami really screwed us. PYS4 isn't shipping yet, so that means the earliest PlayAsia will ship is on Monday. I feel kind of cheated. I still have no idea why they picked a Sunday release. Perhaps they didn't want the competition of a 4/5 release going head to head with Namco and 3/29 was a bit too packed with new releases. Regardless, I should be playing the PS2 version within the next day or so.
[ Author: Paakaa10 | Posted: Mar 30, 2007 8:36 PM | CLM Fan ]

That would be kind of lame, but there is some good news, I guess. Play-Asia's page for the game now lists the in-stock date as March 31st (tomorrow for me here in American EST), so if the games get sent out tomorrow then there might be a fairly good chance that--since I opted for the most expensive shipping option--it comes in before the middle of next week. All I know is that I can hardly stand the anticipation at this point.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 30, 2007 10:36 PM | CLM Fan ]

Doesn't really matter whether it is Saturday or Sunday. They're closed on weekends and your stuff won't be delivered during that time. Earliest we can expect it in our hands is by Tuesday or Wednesday. Which sucks, because even though I'll be playing the PS2 version, I really want to play the PS3 version instead.
[ Author: Guest: CodeNameV1per | Posted: Apr 1, 2007 1:33 AM ]

I'm so pumped for this game. But I'm cheap, so when I ordered it from play-asia I only kicked in like 3.80 for shipping.

PSN: CodeNameV1per

American PS3
[ Author: Guest: jimnyc2000 | Posted: Apr 1, 2007 11:05 AM ]

Woohoo!! playasia sent email today..it is on its way!!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 2, 2007 12:18 PM ]

Well i ordered from ncsx.xom and they ship on April 5th for some reason 9they have it as it's release date?) i choose 2nd day air which will get to me sooner hopefully. just thinking that i have to yet wait a week is kind killin me. i'd like to much rather get it mid week but play asia isn't on my side of the world so i had to go with New yorks ncsx
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 2, 2007 8:51 PM ]

I ordered mine from YesAsia.com and they said I would get mine on April 3, but now it says it doesn't ship until April 4. Alot of places are back ordered I guess
[ Author: Guest: jimnyc2000 | Posted: Apr 2, 2007 10:01 PM ]

Im in nyc and play-asia is very quick!
[ Author: Paakaa10 | Posted: Apr 3, 2007 8:21 PM | CLM Fan ]

> i'd like to much
> rather get it mid week but play asia isn't on my side
> of the world so i had to go with New yorks ncsx

I live in mid-northern Maine at the moment for school, and according to my order tracking from Play-Asia, my copy of the game should be coming in today, depending on when the UPS delivery time is for campus. Sure, I paid for the quickest shipping option so that I wouldn't have to wait as long, but this is still admirable considering the game had to go from Hong Kong to the far east coast of America.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 3, 2007 10:44 PM | CLM Fan ]

My copy is coming in today. Just arrived in Seattle. I also chose UPS, which was like 18 bucks. I wish I got it yesterday, but I was pretty tired after opening day at SafeCo, so I can't complain.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 3, 2007 11:35 PM | CLM Fan ]

Uploaded pics to my PhotoBucket on how to register a Konami ID. Check it out.

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/ProYakyuSpirits3/

Once again, the URL for registering is...

https://id.konamistyle.jp/
[ Author: Guest: kwestroc | Posted: Apr 4, 2007 2:34 AM ]

I ordered mine form YesAsia, and they ran out of copies, which is unusual since I ordered mine early. Mine is shipping April 11 I tried to cancel the order, but since I got a discount, I can't.
[ Author: kwestroc | Posted: Apr 8, 2007 11:39 PM | OBs Fan ]

BMZ, on the part where you put the katakana, every time I enter it in the field, it always deletes the top box but keeps the second, why?
[ Author: Guest: mc | Posted: Apr 18, 2007 5:53 PM ]

my psn name is rainrain1997
[ Author: Guest: lesferdinand | Posted: Jul 6, 2007 3:51 AM ]

My PSN: lesferdinand

I've got a European PS3 and have just started with the game. So far I think it's awesome, way better than the MLB games. If anyone in Europe fancies a match against a rookie, let me know!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 12, 2007 7:58 AM ]

My PSN is Cyphre316 and my PYS4 online name is CYPHRE....just in case any one want to play or create new league. I am a BayStar fan, and I've only played with this team (trying to get to know the strengths and weaknesses of my team in the game)so I'm easy to find. By the way does anyone know if there is any codes to unlock all the extras in this game? Thanks
[ Author: Guest: Mike_D_UK | Posted: Aug 3, 2007 11:22 PM ]

I love this game. Getting through the language barrier is tough but half the fun.

I'm in the UK and I will be trying to get online this weekend. Hopefully I'll find one of you to play!

PSN ID- Mike_D_UK or HORSHAMBASEBAL
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.