Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2K and Konami bringing Pawapuro to the US!!!!

Discussion in the Video Games forum
2K and Konami bringing Pawapuro to the US!!!!
Comments
Re: 2K and Konami bringing Pawapuro to the US!!!!
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Aug 4, 2007 3:23 AM | CLM Fan ]

Thanks for the update. I would've never known.

Gotta say that I didn't predict this at all, and I don't know if it'll do too great. I think Konami is marketing towards younger kids who have a Wii and play little league. I can see the game really appealing to them, since Backyard Baseball is played by that age group.

I wonder if the presentation in players will be different with both releases. Looks like Konami took my advice for having hair, facial hair, etc. but it looks to be poorly done. It doesn't feel like Pawapuro at all. I'm guessing they'll keep it traditional for Japan, since Japanese fans will get pissed if it's changed that much.
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Aug 4, 2007 2:01 PM | SFT Fan ]

Yeah, baby! Now I don't have to import the game and risk bricking my Wii! I would like to see Pawa Major League in Japanese, maybe I'll mod my PS2 for that. Still, I love it. The Japanese cultrual invasion of America continues!
[ Author: Guest: shyguy | Posted: Aug 4, 2007 4:03 PM ]

I bet the Japanese version and the US version will look the same (unless the graphics for the US version were modified by 2K Sports under Konami's approval), since the MLB version is not the main version in Japan anyway, I see Konami Japan perhaps taking a chance and changing the looks of the game to set it further apart from the regular PawaPuro series and even develop yearly version of it as well down the line as its own series.
[ Author: Guest: Cyphre | Posted: Aug 5, 2007 4:30 AM ]

I just HOPE it is such a success that 2K and Konami join forces for MLB 2K8 and use the best baseball engine there is (PYS4) for years to come in the MLB 2K series.
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Aug 5, 2007 5:39 AM | FSH Fan ]

Seems to me they did too much with the cute little round headed fellows.

Too much detail makes them feel different from a real pawapuro.

And I didn't really like pawamajor back then that much...so unless they somehow make a big overhaul...I'll probably skip it.

Not sure how the cute little guys will appeal to the American gamers. They might think it look too cutey and not real enough, and therefore skip it.
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Aug 5, 2007 9:23 AM | SFT Fan ]

Are you sure you're looking at the PawaPros and not the Miis? There are screenshots from the Wii version that show Miis at bat instead of PawaPros since there is a mode that allows you to play PawaPro like Wii Sports, right down to the Miis on your team.
[ Author: Guest: shygyt | Posted: Aug 10, 2007 8:43 PM ]

Looks like I was wrong, the Japanese version won't feature any hair and extra details:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2007/07/23/104,1185160756,75697,0,0.html
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Aug 12, 2007 12:34 PM | CLM Fan ]

I told you. The fans are already angry enough with how bad Pawapuro has become. They don't need the series changing looks that much. That said, it is REALLY weird to see Matsuzaka in Pawapuro wearing red.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.