Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Konami Insults Japanese Fans Again

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Konami Insults Japanese Fans Again
As if things couldn't get worse...

In addition to the American MLB Power Pros getting a full edit mode and the Japanese version getting jack, Konami updated the official Powerful Major League 2 site with info on player passwords. They're using a new system to update the official site with passwords of fixed player stats. Fans get to vote online for the two players they'd like to see updated with passwords and in two weeks, those will be uploaded by Konami.

Wait, what was that? TWO WEEKS FOR TWO STINKING EDITS? Don't strain yourself, Konami. Even worse, it looks like the voting has been overtaken by Chinese fans who are voting for Wang about twice more than Ichiro or Matsui.

I'd love to enter the Diamondhead office and just say the old overused joke, "Working hard or hardly working?" even if they don't understand English. So while Konami takes two weeks to upload two worthless and probably poorly done edits, myself and a bunch of guys on Operation Sports are going to be giving the entire game a complete overhaul. I'm probably going to upload a video on YouTube just to show the Japanese fans what we're capable of doing. I'm trying to turn this very little opportunity 2K has given us and do my best to emulate the international Winning Eleven community that would basically take weak releases by Konami and patch them up to be completely new games.

I hope Konami will see our end product and understand just how far a little hard work and knowledge can go.
Comments
Re: Konami Insults Japanese Fans Again
[ Author: Guest: Steve B | Posted: Oct 5, 2007 3:26 PM ]

Hahah you legend!! Sounds very good. btw, your edit will purely be via option files, correct?? not an out n out patch... no need for that..
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Oct 6, 2007 4:37 AM | CLM Fan ]

It'll just be an option file. In fact, since collaborating on this could be a major pain in the butt with communication, not having the Wii version, and possible incompetence of newbies to the series, I may just take on this project all by myself. I've already done a ton of the breakout players this year. Only have to make some Success players and purchase the Arrange Mode in Season Mode feature.
[ Author: Guest: XiaNaphryz | Posted: Oct 6, 2007 2:12 AM ]

I'm surprised the 2ch boards haven't gone down from all the flames yet...
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Oct 6, 2007 7:35 AM | SFT Fan ]

Unless Konami is thinking that the future of the PawaPro franchise is in the United States, I wonder what is going on with these dim-wits. There is no excuse for the Japanese version of the game to be anything different than the American version (full review on my MySpace page coming soon!).

PawaPro has come down with Madden Syndrome, meaning that they milk the franchise every year with nothing more than a roster update. Even Madden can turn over a new leaf (check out Madden 2008 if you don't believe me), and I certainly hope the next NPB PawaPro game does, since I'm willing to mod my new PS2 to play it.
[ Author: Guest: M | Posted: Oct 11, 2007 9:36 AM ]

But it happens a lot in many different genres of games. Games like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy gain features with the extra time they are given to come out. The difference with those is that they then get rereleased in Japan because they sell so well. But, there IS an excuse why the American version gets different. They've had 4 extra months to work on it. Sure, some of that was taken up in designing Manny Ramirez's dreadlocks, but the developers like to add features that they were too pressed for time in the original.
[ Author: Guest: abc | Posted: Oct 12, 2007 4:21 AM ]

i noticed that editing is limited.. i dont think you can edit the "role" of players (for example, mop-op man or set-up man) or the batting order of teams cannot be edited either... i may be wrong but i dont see it
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.