Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Will there likely be a Power Pros MLB follow up in the USA?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Will there likely be a Power Pros MLB follow up in the USA?
Wondering because the game BADLY needs online play!!
Comments
Re: Will there likely be a Power Pros MLB follow up in the USA?
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Nov 30, 2007 12:48 PM | CLM Fan ]

There is no news as of yet. If there will be a sequel, I'd expect news around the middle of the baseball season next year. Powerful Major League releases at the end of the major league season. I don't think this will change next year. Here are the reasons why...

1. Pro Yakyu Spirits releases at the beginning of the season and Konami doesn't want competition for sales.

2. MLB2K releases at the beginning of the season and 2K Sports doesn't want competition.

3. Pawapuro releases in the middle of the season and Konami doesn't want competition.

4. 2K Sports expects their game to keep selling during the middle of the season and don't want competition.

I'm not so sure we'll see a sequel in the states, since the Wii version is now selling for 20 bucks. That means they have too many copies and want to get them out of stock. I think it's a niche game in the US like Katamari Damacy, but baseball games are harder for the average gamer to get into. I think if Pawapuro came to the states a long time ago, like SNES or PS1 era, there would be a greater possibility for sales and sequels.

Also, Konami games are terrible online. They need to get their act together with the online before I even entertain the idea of Pawapuro online. Pro Yakyu Spirits has tons of lag and a broken online system that uses old batting and pitching forms. Winning Eleven has crippling lag and bugs. Pawapuro 14 has a broken online system that doesn't even let people play games. All you do is manage and call pitches. Even the DS games are kinda broken, since you can't play defense or run bases on your own for DS Koshien. Pawapoke 10 apparently won't even let you call your own substitutions. I don't know about Pawapuro 14, but both WE and PYS use the Konami ID system that locks one ID to your copy of the game, which is complete bull. All of these examples lead me to believe Konami don't have a clue as to what they're doing with online play. They should consult western game developers if they're having so much trouble.

[ Author: Guest: consolejoker | Posted: Dec 3, 2007 5:12 AM ]

You paint a depressing outlook. This game begs for online play.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Dec 3, 2007 7:40 PM | CLM Fan ]

Konami has two huge flaws right now as a game developer. First is that they can't create multi-platform games. Second is that they don't know how to create a lag free online experience. That combo is death in this new generation of gaming.
[ Author: Guest: consolejoker | Posted: Dec 6, 2007 12:06 PM ]

Lag free baseball is not hard. So it's rather pathetic that they can't figure it out. I speak as a developer with experience in real-time network based applications and games.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Dec 6, 2007 3:50 PM | CLM Fan ]

Tell that to 2K and Sony. 2K7 and The Show had terrible lag for me. The Show wasn't even playable.
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Dec 9, 2007 9:43 AM | SFT Fan ]

> Tell that to 2K and Sony. 2K7 and The Show had
> terrible lag for me. The Show wasn't even playable.
>

Really? I played 2K7 on my Xbox 360 and I had no problems at all. The only problems I had were when people were either all-strikes or used their starters as relievers.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.