Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Big Pawapuro 12 Ketteiban Project Coming

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Big Pawapuro 12 Ketteiban Project Coming
I've been contemplating doing this for a few years now. Only within the past year or so have I had the resources to effectively modify Pawapuro save files. I'll basically be patching up Pawapuro 12 Ketteiban with current players and statistics in order to not have to rely on Konami and finally have a decent game for the 2008 season.

I've edited this post a handful of times while experimenting with the save files. I've switched between wanting to do 11 or 12. This is the situation right now. If I use 11, the Kintetsu Buffaloes, Orix Blue Wave, and Daiei Hawks are stuck there. I can't edit them, because you can't use original teams in Pennant. Even if I did edit them, the uniforms would look like crap, the stadiums are old, and the announcer wouldn't acknowledge the new teams. 11 also has no interleague play, so Pennant is tedious.

I had issues with patching the 12 save file last night, but I got it working today. I can't edit default teams for any of the games, but I can edit the teams and players using Arrange Mode. All you have to do is input the Arrange Teams before you start Pennant Mode.

My Life is a pain, because I can't edit default teams, yet I can edit all the teams in My Life once a single player's career is begun. So basically I can't change any of the My Life teams for convenient use by anyone other than myself. I may still mess with it and put a player in there with modified My Life teams as default on the save file for people to choose whether or not they want to load up that My Life Mode. If I use a player in this style, I will probably pick Yuki Saitoh, since he's the most popular amateur out there right now. If not Saitoh, I could also input an anime/manga character like Shigeno Goro from Major or Yamada Taro from Dokaben.

Once 12 is complete, I may end up working on 10 or 11. Perhaps an old school flavor with older players like Nagashima, Inao, and Enatsu could be possible on a grand scale. I want to go modern with my first attempt, though.

This is a one man project and I want to be very thorough with it, so don't expect a rush job. I want this to be top quality. Expect the initial release to be out in time for the start of spring training. I may throw it out there earlier just to gauge a reaction and give people a chance to test their save file transfers before the release of the official 1.0 file.

Since player transactions, injuries, etc. happen all the time, I expect many tweaks to the game to be made throughout the season. Bare with me if I do something stupid and give Sekimoto the Average Hitter ability. I'm going to use my own statistical abilities in addition to the Japanese stat community and Konami's recent stats to make the most unbiased players I can.

[Edited by: BigManZam on Dec 15, 2007 1:48 PM]
Comments
Re: Big Pawapuro 12 Ketteiban Project Coming
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Dec 16, 2007 8:17 AM | FSH Fan ]

Wow, this is gonna be amazing.

If u need any help, feel free to email me or whatever. It's amazing that u're actually gonna do it. Can ur software also change growth rates, like the player's potential so u can use them in pennant modes? As u know Success players usually starts declining right away even if they are only 18 or 20, because of their stats from the beginning. It'd be awesome if good young players can continue to grow into even better players (Maa-kun, Yoshinori, the Lotte bunch...heck, I'd even throw in Aoki and Darvish).

Old Pawapuros definitely can use some new updates to make the game good, even if it's just for one pennant season. All support for u to get this done!
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Dec 16, 2007 8:53 AM | CLM Fan ]

Probably won't need any help. My weaknesses here will be updated glove colors and stuff like that, but that won't be an issue once Pawapuro 14 Ketteiban is out. I'll just use that for reference. Right now I'm using Pawapoke 10.

Believe it or not, I can actually change how the players progress. Isn't that cool? Toritani won't turn into a power hitting monster. I've already used it to modify Micheal Nakamura's progression from speed pitching to control pitching. Darvish is set to stamina progression right now, since I don't want him throwing any harder than 154 km/h and his breaking stuff is already good. I'll probably switch it to control type, since he still has room to improve there. Not much room to improve when your stamina is over 170.

I have different options like whether they peak very early like Egawa or have a long steady career like Kanemoto. I have another program for 11 that actually lets you edit the different limits for each attribute, but I've yet to find it in my Pawapuro 12 utility. I'm still playing around, so there's still a chance I can do that.

Trust me, you'll be able to play all 20 years with my updating here. I'm also editing how long each player has been in the league, so even though it's 2005 in the game, they'll progress like it's present time. If you have the means to load the save file on your PS2, it'll feel like a completely different game. I promise you. I've already messed around by making a Matsuzaka with a 165 km/h fastball, 165 km/h breaking balls, and Uehara pitching form. It's crazy.

I'm actually working on a 2007 season version right now that I want to release before the new year. It'll be a good time to test everything out, since the 2008 rosters won't be fully realized for a while
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Dec 16, 2007 9:47 AM | FSH Fan ]

Is this the editor thing found on whitepage.velvet.jp?
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Dec 16, 2007 10:16 AM | CLM Fan ]

Yep. There's another page with programs for 8-11. Up until now, though, people have either kept their files for themselves or just messed around with making goofy players. I think this is due in large part to a Japanese fear of big companies coming after modders and suing them. Internet users over there are even afraid to post pictures of anything belonging to another company. Remember that the Winning Eleven patch community was born out of South Americans and Europeans, not Japanese. I'm in the states and have no fear of Konami. In fact, I hope to get their attention with this.

What I'm going to be doing is making commercial release quality stuff and using YouTube and NicoVideo as promotional tools. I've done video editing for fun in the past, so making promo vids comes naturally for me. They should be able to get a ton of attention in Japan, especially with NicoVideo. I'm basically going to be taking real baseball footage and mixing it with Pawapuro and music. I'm also probably going to be making My Life centered on the Major manga(including Toshiya on the Giants), so I'll probably use footage of the anime with that.

Honestly, since Konami is being so lazy and crappy lately, I'm mostly doing this project for myself. I want to play a decent updated game and I might as well share it with everybody else out there and let it's existence be known.
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Dec 16, 2007 11:10 AM | FSH Fan ]

Might need u to teach me how to load the save into my memory card or however it's done.

Sounds too delicious to let go. I've been playing Pawapuro 11K quite a lot lately, and I can say it's soooo much better than the new ones.

Since I lost my Pawapuro 10 years ago, the only old Pawapuro I had left are some old stuffs from SFC, and Pawapuro 11-onwards.

12's not that bad actually, but the CPU's pitch location is just too big a problem to not notice and get pissed on.

Will be patiently waiting for ur updates. Just email me if u really need anything.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Dec 16, 2007 12:18 PM | CLM Fan ]

If you have a mod or Swap Magic, you can use a USB flash drive with a program called ulaunchelf. ulaunchelf is like a program that makes the PS2 work like DOS. It has a lot of uses for homebrew, but it's especially nice for saves because it converts save files into .psu format, which works directly with the Japanese edit programs.

There are also programs out that will allow you to burn a CD and transfer save files onto your memory using the burned disc. If you're the type who likes to use an unmodified PS2, you can buy Action Replay Max.
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Dec 16, 2007 12:30 PM ]

Wow!!! Kudos! Hehehe...I guess Konami just drove you over the edge.

Hope everything goes well.....
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.