Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Namco Announces Pro Yakyu Family Stadium for Wii

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Namco Announces Pro Yakyu Family Stadium for Wii
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080111/fs.htm

It will release on 3/27 for a price of 5500 yen. Looks to be very arcade style, as you can have power ups for players in the middle of games. Control will use the Wii-mote and an option to use regular buttons.

I will be very surprised if Netsu Sta will have a 2008 version with the release of this. After the lack of effort we saw in the 2007 version, the writing was on the wall. Namco has given up it's attempt at competing with Konami. It's a shame, since Netsu Sta had some very interesting and unique gameplay, as well as an edit mode. Not to mention load times were basically non-existent. I'll have to make a 2008 save file for it if there indeed isn't a release this year.

Namco is around a week early in announcing this title. We should be finding out what baseball games will be released at the start of the season VERY soon.
Comments
Re: Namco Announces Pro Yakyu Family Stadium for Wii
[ Author: Guest: Dave | Posted: Jan 18, 2008 4:49 PM ]

Man, too bad I don't have a Japanese wii! this game looks awesome because it looks like MLB power pros for the wii only the player models have actual arms and feet! and even though the player models are still simple and cartoony and closer to MLB power pros than to PYS4, they look much more realistic when compared to MLB power pros on the wii. i'd be interested to see what type of wii-mote control mechanics are in this game. i've love to see them really do some creative programming in terms of how motion is picked up from the wii-mote...in MLB power pros, the game defaulted to using the controller, with only limited wii functionality in a separate mode...
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 19, 2008 5:00 AM | CLM Fan ]

Well this is basically a Wii version of RBI baseball. I wouldn't even begin to compare it to MLB Power Pros, because there could be really floaty physics and sluggish defense. The MLB Power Pros physics engine has been tweaked for over a decade, where as Family Stadium is a franchise Namco is trying to resurrect from the grave, after Pawapuro destroyed it in the mid-late 90s.

Family Stadium gameplay is very simple, so I expect Wii-mote control to also be very simple. I don't expect it to be much different from Wii Sports.
[ Author: RandyBass | Posted: Jan 19, 2008 3:00 PM | HT Fan ]

RBI/Famista would make for a nice downloadable game on the Playstation Store.

Well, if they did it right... Like took Famista 3 from the SNES, and maybe let you edit the teams or something.
[ Author: RandyBass | Posted: Jan 21, 2008 9:07 AM | HT Fan ]

Aw crud... Forgot about the licensing issues in the US. I guess they would have to let you edit the players and uniforms... Or else just release a generic game, which probably wouldn't sell.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Feb 13, 2008 11:11 AM | CLM Fan ]

http://famista.jp/wii/index2.html

Official site is now up. Game looks pretty interesting, Wii owners. If I had a Wii, I don't know if I'd buy it, since I'm going to be spending a lot with PYS5, MLB 08, and YakyuTsuku DS coming out. I'd have to wait for gameplay video and reviews. It looks like a very fun game and perfect for the "back to basics" mentality of Wii.

In a REALLY strange gameplay concept, you can actually have other players wave their Wiimotes like thunder sticks to "support" the batter or fielders and give them a slight boost in skills. In batting, this gives more velocity to your hits. In defense, it actually effects the wind and makes it easier to not give up homers. Seems kinda cheap, but a nice effort by Namco to use the Wii capabilities.

There is a little logo for the Nintendo WiFi Network, but it's still unconfirmed whether there will be actual WiFi gaming. It could be something as simple as exchanging players or teams, so I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Famista on PC and DS both had WiFi battles, so I wouldn't expect any different on the Wii.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.