Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

MAJOR Wii Nagero! Gyroball!! Releases 2/7

Discussion in the Video Games forum
MAJOR Wii Nagero! Gyroball!! Releases 2/7
http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/gamesoft/catalog/major-wii/

If you're a fan of the anime/manga and have a Nintendo Wii, I would pick up this title. Looks very fun and should be a blast if you've read all the manga or followed all the episodes of the anime.

There is a Story Mode and Exhibition Mode. Other than that, it doesn't look like there is much else. Reminds me of the Captain Tsubasa games in that regard. Story Mode looks like it may use clips of the anime to help set up the situation you'll be playing in. Overall, it says one play through the Story Mode takes 10 hours.

Gameplay looks like it makes use of timing and Wii motion controls. You basically guess what pitch you think is coming and swing at the right time to hit the ball. Pitching will use a meter with timing. Basically anything that isn't perfect timing will be a bad pitch, so you have to work on hitting the timing well every time.

Over 70 characters from Major will be in the game. If I had a Wii, I'd be all over this. I'm a huge Major fan. I don't see why they couldn't release this on PS2. It's not like it does anything the PS2 couldn't do, other than the swing motion for batting. That could be easily replaced with a button push.
Comments
Re: MAJOR Wii Nagero! Gyroball!! Releases 2/7
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 30, 2008 10:36 AM | CLM Fan ]

This game got a bad rating of 6665 from Famitsu, but the PS2 Captain Tsubasa game also got a bad review and it wasn't that bad.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.