Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyu Portable 3 Releases 4/24

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyu Portable 3 Releases 4/24
Not too sure on the title right now, so I just put in 3, since last year's was PawaPota 2. All I have at this point is a release date.
Comments
Re: Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyu Portable 3 Releases 4/24
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 30, 2008 7:58 PM | CLM Fan ]

http://blogfile.paran.com/BLOG_203078/200801/1201680307_viploader571106.jpg

Big news for all you PSP owners out there. The game now has Success Mode and My Life. How cool is that? Wish they would've done that from the very beginning. Success takes place in a HS scenario.

There's still no online play, which is pretty ridiculous. I don't get it. This game was made for online play.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Feb 2, 2008 12:39 AM | CLM Fan ]

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1213292_1407.html
[ Author: Orange | Posted: May 7, 2008 1:43 AM | YBS Fan ]

I realize that this is an old thread, but I just need to add this.

Bigman, Is this series one that is followed heavily here? I have had a huge interest in yakyu video games for a while but I never had the import systems to play them on. With the release of this game I will be able to test the waters with a US PSP which I think is great. My main problem would be finding my way around the game. I realize you cannot be asked to translate every yakyu game out there, so I hope other here follow this one for the support.
[ Author: Orange | Posted: May 12, 2008 5:19 AM | YBS Fan ]

I have already ordered from play-asia so I am all in so to speak. I am doing my part too with some research on kanji, HIRAGANA, and KATAKANA. I know I will not be able to understand to play mode like success and my life but as long as I can play games and maybe a season, navigate the menues I'll be happy.

I am excited to finally have the chance to play a game like this. I never wanted to mod a xbox or PS2 to do this. How are you guys playing these on PS2's? imported consoles?

video from translated page...
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.konami.jp/pawa/pota/3/game/entry_000034.php&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpawa%2Bpota%2B3%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:*
[ Author: Orange | Posted: Jun 6, 2008 2:48 AM | YBS Fan ]

I realize that this is an old thread, but I just need to add this.

I just received my copy today. Fumbling through the menues as we speak...

Any one else have this yet?
[ Author: Orange | Posted: Jun 15, 2008 6:51 PM | YBS Fan ]

Well I am still enjoying my Pawa Pota 3, but I wish others had it so there wouuld be more action here. I did find the PSP's thumb stick to be a little too responsive for this game.It is hard to make small movements, so i have wiffed at a few meat piches and missed some easy balls in the field. But I am having a great time with this game.

I LOVE Konami's idea of game manuals. With US companies you're lucky if you get 15 pages. I have MLB Power pros for US PS2 and it is very thick. Powa Pota 3 also has a great one, 68 pages full of information that i can't read...lol. I have been trying to use my MLB PP to help find my way around the game.
[ Author: Guest: Steve B | Posted: Jun 20, 2008 5:43 PM ]

Hey there,
Ive got the game too.. it plays really well. In regard to the analog stick, instead of using my thumb on middle of the stick (which is way too hard to make small sensitive movements), i use my forefinger (on top) and thumb (on bottom)... i actually do this with my ps2 analog controller with games like pes2008 etc (infact all of the winning elevens) as for me it leads to better control than with just a thumb on the middle... dont know anyone else who does this
[ Author: metro21 | Posted: Jun 22, 2008 6:07 PM ]

Hey Orange, I have this game too. I agree with the thumb stick. I miss more often when the pitch is close to the center and just a little off then when it is on the corner of the plate, because the curser moves pretty fast. Sometimes it is hard to judge a hard hit ground ball and I over run it lol.

I find the default settings really easy, as i can get 20-30 runs a game using Lock on 1 or whatever it is called i cant remember. I like to change the batting curser to the yellow option (not quite sure what it says). In that mode you really have to hit the ball square in the middle for a hit. The thing i find funny though, In lock mode its easy to hit home runs but the longest i can get is 143 meters. Using the harder setting I can hit a homerun over 180 meters! Kind of unrealistic but it is funny to hit a homerun longer than 2 whole hiroshima fields (91 meters down the line i believe).

For pitching if I throw all curve balls or sliders i can get a 5 hitter shut out everygame. And thats without even touching the thumbstick lol. So I make sure to use all my pitches to make it more realistic.

The stats for the players are pretty real but i have a few gripes. The giants are too overpowered (Although that is to be expected?) Using the exact same settings for 2 games. Play the giants once and any other team once. The computer plays completely different. The other team you will crush while the giants will hit 160m homeruns and do everything twice as good.

Overall I really like it though. It is simple and fun, and any baseball game you can carry in your pocket is a winner =]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.