Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

PYS5 Impressions Thread

Discussion in the Video Games forum
PYS5 Impressions Thread
I got the game today. It's pretty much a perfectly smooth and fast loading PYS4 with improved AI. Here is all I can gather.

-Computer AI still isn't amazing on the hardest difficulty, but they will swing at balls now. This makes you throw more pitches if you want to get strike outs. Even if you throw best pitches in the zone all the time, that'll just get you grounders and fly balls. The Ks come when the batters swing for stuff out of the zone.

-Kyuji Fujikawa's fastball is really fast.

-Online is a lot smoother than PYS4 with steady servers and tons of options. After the initial pain of setting up your Konami ID, you'll just love this online mode. This is good enough to last you until PYS6. Lots of players are playing ranked games right now, too. It was 5 AM in Japan when I played, and there were at least 6 games going on just in ranked. Unranked had around 20 people on. If you saw PYS4 online, you'd be impressed. Oh, and did I mention all the gameplay and animations from PYS5 are actually in this year's online mode?

-Music is really smooth and relaxing with great guitar work. It's a nice change of pace from the jock rock anthems of American sports games.

-If you have PYS4 save data on your PS3, you automatically get 200,000 VP points.

-Unfortunately, pitch grips aren't in again this year. They looked kinda awkward on PS2, so maybe there's a reason for it.

-Swing timing has definitely been sped up. I pulled a lot of fouls in training.

-I think foreign player limits aren't enforced in Pennant. Not sure. I'm pretty sure that Benny, Zuleta, Ortiz, Sikorski, and Abreu aren't supposed to be allowed to be on the top team all at one time.

-Lots of weird stuff like Shimizu Nao as closer and Nakata Sho starting at DH, but that can be fixed via Utility.

-Fielding fly balls has been tweaked. There's no longer a very strong lock-on mechanism to assist you. This can lead to fielding errors if you're not alert.

-I think the computer gives up too many walks, but I have a pretty good eye and take a lot of pitches. I'm interested to see if the AI adjusts to me and starts throwing a lot more strikes on the black.

That's all for now. I highly advise everyone to buy this, as I don't want it to be the last in the series. They did a great job this year. Buy the PS3 version. The PS2 version doesn't even compare.

Comments
Re: PYS5 Impressions Thread
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 5, 2008 8:13 AM ]

How do you set up ID + PW to play online? I have a Konami ID from last year. Do I need to create a new one? Can you tell us the process. Thank you.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 5, 2008 5:46 PM ]

I GOT IT!!! I was able to register for online play (what a pain in the a......neck). However BIGZ, you can probably explain better how to do it. The translator I use translates the general idea, but does it very loosely.

Anyhow, you are right; online play and options are very sweet and SMOOTH! This game, for what I have played is superior to last years' in every way. So far I have no complains.

Now did anyone else get 200,000 VP when you first inserted the game? If you did and know why, please tell. I got a message, in japanese of course, when I first played and all I understood was 200,000 VP. Next thing you know I was able to unlock more than half of the 'goodies'. I am not complaining, just want to know why. Thanks.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 5, 2008 7:42 PM | CLM Fan ]

They made registering a bit more difficult. It'll take some work to make a tutortial.

As for what the Japanese says when you get 200,000 VP, it basically says thank you for your continued support of the PYS franchise.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 5, 2008 5:54 PM ]

Never mind about the 200,000 VP; the explanation is in BigManZam's initial lmmpressions.....DUH!!!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 5, 2008 3:33 PM ]

So comparing it to pys4(and forgive me for sounding redundant) the blank black screens are primarily 'gone" or just "less than" last years PS3 game?

how long do you have to wait in between cut-scene transitions?

framerate in fielding a bit better? does the ball appear to stutter and are movements choppy?

is the game very much like the gameplay vid posted on youtube?

For you how was last years game when you consider these things? for me these things absolutely ruined PYS4 for me.

so far i am hearing mixed thoughts and takes on this...
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 5, 2008 8:02 PM | CLM Fan ]

Just trust me. If you played PYS4, you're going to be more than happy with this year's version. I played like 15 games of online already with no disconnects. I can just play game after game of online right now at certain times. Only a couple players quit in the middle of the games and I still got the win. One person disconnected the internet manually and it didn't register as a win. I'm hoping for this to be rare, though. Only the most pathetic online gamers do this.

As for offline, the game runs at 60 FPS 99% of the time. Throws across the infield are smooth. Balls rolling to the outfield are smooth. Bases loaded situations are just fine. Even the TV style presentation used for CPU sims and management mode is smooth. Load times are basically gone and if you install the game on your HDD, it takes like 5 seconds for the game to start. They really worked on the code this year. This is seriously what I expected PYS4 to be.

Here are some differences I've seen in the PS3 version when compared to the PS2. PS3 version has different camera angles for cut scenes and replays. PS2 version has a really weird looking character used for the catcher during replays. This is probably due to memory issues. PS3 doesn't have this. Framerate and load issues have also been fixed in the PS2 version.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 5, 2008 10:32 PM ]

I'll post my impressions when I can. I upgraded my shipping to overnight and should be getting it by 12pm Eastern Standard.

Some one posted this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH6qSq_Lam0

Which showcases the games load times,cut scenes-into-gameplay etc.

[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 6, 2008 1:24 AM ]

PS3 Impressions...

These are for those who imported PYS4 last year.

What was intolerable last year regarding cut scene to gameplay transitions is now 50 percent fixed. Black screens show up after an out, after a play cut scene. at times they are QUICK during other times a good 1 to 2 secs. last years game ran about twice as many black screens and at about an average 3 to 5 sec wait time in between all cuts. focusing more on this i notice smooth transitional gameplay during pitching,hitting and fielding. frame rate is solid and ball rips through clean not choppy. Graphics are improved via better lighting and textures about a 25 percent improvement there. camera angles are the same, would have liked more for batting as you see a portion of the field. a nice treat a waits owners of PYS4. you get 200,00 shop points towards unlocking almost everything. this makes it cool from the start to have all jerseys,stadiums and game settings unlocked for you and makes my purchase of last years game have less of a sting. Game play is as solid as ever. the pitching and hitting mechanic is unparalleled. the fielding and baserunning is straight forward. i would literally pay $200 for Winning Eleven if Konami made Winning Eleven as good as this game. these guys KNOW what they are doing.

as far as the debate about how The Show compares? it doesn't. for me after playing this years MLB 08 the show i am still left with the impression that MLB 08 is probably the best baseball game ever made aside from the pitching and hitting mechanic found in this game. the pitching and hitting mechanic found in PYS5 is only described as what Winning Eleven had with their ball physics and shooting on goal mechanic while on ps2(GameCube respectively WE6:FE!)

so here it goes.

wearly scores

Presentation(this includes stadium atmosphere,voices/sound,menus etc) - 8.5
Graphics - 9 (animation-wise it's realistic, graphically it finds a medium that Winning Eleven had with WE9)
Gameplay - 9.5 (this IS the game to import if your a SPORT gamer)
Value (compared to having last years)- 7.0 (almost paid 100 for it...)

Overall (NOT AN AVERAGE) - 8.0
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 6, 2008 3:29 AM | CLM Fan ]

I'm not a big fan of having a point scoring system on this forum. That's just me, though. I've always considered yakyu games as being worth your money or not. Screw all the .5s and whatever all those big gaming sites do.

As far as The Show and PYS5 go, I own both. The Show still has a broken online mode. It's unplayable, in my opinion. It also still has a ton of glitches and lacks a bunch of key players like Kosuke Fukudome. Even with the future roster updates, some guys will never be quite right. It takes a whole community of gamers to make The Show even somewhat accurate with the rosters and attributes.

PYS5 has the best online mode in any sports game I've ever played. That's enough for it to be better than The Show, in my opinion. I don't think it's fair for you to say PYS5 is no competition to The Show. Perhaps your expectations were a bit unrealistic. You seem to be so focused on the whole loading time and blackout issue, which I think is 100% fixed. What do you want out of the PS3? It's not running from a Nintendo cartridge. There has to be a second of loading every now and then.

I just felt the need to reply to this post, because I don't think it's fair to the true yakyu fans or to Konami's hard work in improving the code for this game. The Show is not better than this game. I know that we all have different opinions, but I believe The Show is all flash and no substance.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 6, 2008 4:30 AM ]

early and initial impressions thats all. i scored it or at i at least think of it very highly, but comparing it to the other game is something I couldn't help doing based off of total "which one would i prefer, bar-none".

My friend actually said it best about PYS5. And i think it addresses my "value" comment which i feel i scored(didn't mean to rate by numbers just felt like doing so)somewhat harshly but fairly.

"it's better to have this game then 5 crappy ones"

[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 6, 2008 4:43 AM ]

To be fair to the PS3 system. it's on blu ray disc and has an install method on it which should be able to have a more streamlined reference system in which to flow off of. My comments about the cutscenes to gameplay blank screen moments are to let players of last years game know exactly how much it's been fixed. usually you get "ballpark" answers to these things like "yes it's 100% improved" or it's been totally fixed ,man!' and I just wanted to be fair to that question, which i feel i have been. i stated that the game is really good in this department but not without some it's shadows of the years past rearing it's head
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Apr 6, 2008 3:46 AM ]

It has been a while since I've posted anything here...

I've been busier. And also haven't had much to add to what's already been said...

But I have been a loyal lurker.

Of course now because I want/need something, I'm posting again (hope I don't come across as too self-centered).

BigManZam, could you or someone else post a walkthrough on how to create a Konami ID? Months ago, I found your old walkthrough on this site and tried registering for PYS4 on PS3. But the online forms seemed to have changed, and I was unable to register.

Cyphre, could you share the translator you used?

Does PYS5's online mode still work smoothly on a North American PS3?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 6, 2008 3:02 PM ]

Of course I can share the translating site. It is; www.freetranslator.com it's a very good translator but a bit generic. So you need to read into it. When you set-up your Konami ID account make sure you set-up your Game ID and PW aswell, it's a section of the account you create. This is necessary to play online and the game will ask for it once your account is approved. Make sure you ONLY use lower case letters and numbers for your Game ID (min. 8 characters, any combination) and ONLY numbers for your Game ID password (min 4 characters, any combination).

Now that said, I completely disagree with Tomba321 on his take on PYS5. MLB08 is a very good game yet has so many flaws. A big one is the fielding vs baserunning is unbalanced in favor of the runner (they go around the bases way too fast) regardless of who is running. Also, fielders take forever to throw the ball, even when it's a bang-bang play. Batting needs to go, I mean you just sit there and wait on a pitch then hit it, there is really no challenge to it; threrefore no satisfaction or sense of accomplishment as in PYS5. It's the little things like being able to change where you want to throw the ball right before it leaves your players hands (no other game offers this) that make PYS5 more realistic than any other game. MLB08 might have better graphics (and that's arguable) but PYS5 it better in every other aspect of the game IMO.

I own both games and knowing what I do, if I only had enough money for one of them, it would be PYS5. Even if I had to pay 20-30 dollars more, it's that much better. So what if there are half second black loading screens (which have been incredibly improved, almost completely erased) have you seen the online's GREATLY IMPROVED features, menu and gamplay? You can tell this team worked hard to make this game better in evry way. And while no game is perfect, this game is the only one to come even close. No other baseball game gets me so involved to where I find myself doing a Carl Y. and wave a ball to stay fair; when it's going down the line and has HR distance. Now that's what I call enjoying a game, when it captivates you in such manner.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 7, 2008 1:03 AM ]

in hindsight i can see why MLB 08 gets flack, but above all else this is a PYS forum and i comepletly have to take that into account and I have the utmost respect for Konami's product. Heck i BOUGHT IT! At a very high import price so i AM a BIG supporter...

Playing more of PYS5 the more I enjoy it and admire it's subtlties.

Graphically it's like watching a broadcast that was recorded off a sdtv and put on youtube only in great HiDef. i play the game in 1080p and it's absolutely stunning. Smooth,almost prefect. gameplay is again the best things about it but more importantly the only thing that can stack up against any sports game out there. It's gameplay engine is pretty much remarkable.

i ONLY went into VERY minor detail about how i feel abot MLb 08, yet it was jumped on automatically without fully explaination. for me simply I just play the game for what it is. i do not care about rosters,franchises etc. i am an exhibition.quickplay sports gamer and I feel the game does and outstanding job capturing the nuances of the game to keep my mind occupied.

refering back to PYS5 for PS3 i am enjoying it more much more than PYS4 AND Winning Eleven(another import which failed miserably this year to be any good. konami what happened?!)

Personally i do not wish for this game to make an appearance stateside. i feel that this game is a gem in it's own right and should not be copied but used as an outpost to expose people to Japanese baseball and maybe learn a thing or to in the process. i see a lot of pride and commitment here and it should be taken for it is. it's own game.
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Apr 7, 2008 9:58 AM | SFT Fan ]

Go figure that the best baseball game of 2008 is something I miss since I don't have the money. I need a new computer, I'm not working as much as I was, it really sucks.
[ Author: NYYankees | Posted: Apr 7, 2008 10:06 PM ]

Cyphre, you use freetranslator.com to translate the manual and in game menus?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 8, 2008 1:20 AM ]

I've probably been able to now put in the most time since I got it on Sat.

Initial impression were that the game was "improved and reasonably better" than last years. Well... i found out a trcik that mad ethis game's visuals go from great to AMAZING. On your PS3 you should set it to rgb full within the display setting along with full white on as well... this makes ALL the shadowing and lighting become dynaic magically and reall looks absolutely beautiful in 1080p. i am amazed at how polished this game is in 1080p STILL. usually games force you to go 720p and you "hope" that the framerate is solid,but with PYS5 it is possible in 1080p ans shows us all the power of the PS3. I'm telling you the PS3 is a showcase for this game or vice versa.

The gameplay gets bettr as well as the naunces they've managed to fix become more and more apparent after each play. Balls hit pitchers legs, feilders hop and jump and hitters react in so many ways and to say that the pitching ISN'T perfect i don't know what is.

I'm trying to get more people to buy this game stateside. so far i can count 10 or more people i've been able to influence...
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 8, 2008 1:31 AM ]

Is the game worth puchasing on the ps2 or is it basically a roster update ? (I have PYS3).

(I own a xbox360 and have no intention of buying a ps3).
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 8, 2008 2:53 AM ]

No, I use it to translate japanese websites with information of the game and NPB games, like Yahoo Japan sports and PYS5 official website. You can request a translation thru the website, however, it will not be free and you would have to send them your game manual.

I used BigManZam's manual translation for understanding most of last year's game. The rest I pretty much figured out on my own; by trial and error and/or figuring out the symbols and colors. Now I know most of it and it makes it easy for me to understand and get into the game. It's really not that difficult once you get into the game. But then again, I am very passionate about baseball and with this game being so great; it was very easy for me to really get into the game.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 8, 2008 10:22 AM ]

Hey Bullpen45, call me crazy but I was hesitant to get a PS3 until I found out it was made region free and I was able to play PYS4 without mods. I initially got the PS3 for this game, now I own a few really good games for it. I had already owned a US Xbox360, but when I played PYS4, I had to get a Japanese Xbox360 with PYS3 (the only next gen that year and the only version on 360). I don't regret for a minute buying it and you'd be surprised to see how many people still play it online.

What I am getting at is if you have any plans to get a PS3 in the near future, don't spend your money on the PS2 version. BigManZam has it and said it's pretty much a roster update. On the other hand, PYS5 for the PS3 is simply AMAZING!

I understand not everyone has "that kind of money", all I'm saying is it's very much WORTH EVERY PENNY! And I do most of my gaming on the Xbox360, but the PS3 is one hell of a console; and to think it has not even peeked.
[ Author: BIG CAROLINA | Posted: Apr 9, 2008 12:22 AM ]

I have a question.How do I warm up my pitchers?
I know that there is a cut scene that shows pitchers warming up,but I have yet to see it.Thanks
[ Author: BIG CAROLINA | Posted: Apr 8, 2008 11:37 AM ]

The hitting,pitching and fielding is flawless. I have The Show and don't get me wrong I like it alot,but this game really draws me in.
Along with the above, the crack of the bat sound is second to none. I really feel like I have control over my players.
If you do not have this game already get it, watching videos on youtube does not do justice for this game, you have to play it to see how awesome this game is.
[ Author: Guest: GDub816 | Posted: Apr 10, 2008 1:14 AM ]

I am loving the game this far! The only concern I am having is that the pitching is just way to easy! I am using "Auto adjust" as my difficulty setting and my (Orix)five man rotation has the ERA of 1.46 after the first 10 games. Didn't really get much strike outs but turned on avg 4-7 double play per game. Should I just set the difficulty for hitting to "Powerful +" and keep pitching setting to normal? (I batted .234, middle + speed).

Have not tried to go online yet, but when the league starts I will be all over it.

GDuB
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 10, 2008 7:38 AM | CLM Fan ]

There are many things you can do to increase the difficulty. You can increase AI, pitch speed, go to digital control, turn off release timing, change ball physics, etc. If you are struggling to get Ks, you should throw more pitches out of the zone. Try to throw pitches that start in the zone and break out. Also remember to vary your speeds. Throwing with best pitch timing will also result in more Ks.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 10, 2008 7:37 AM | CLM Fan ]

Pitchers don't warm up. You just throw them in there. I believe there's a bullpen scene in management mode, but I haven't messed around enough offline to see it.
[ Author: Psunami | Posted: Apr 8, 2008 12:56 PM ]

Two quick questions.

1. Anyone see how to enable rumble, or is it just not used in the How To mode? (that's all I've had a chance to mess with thus far.)

2. Anyone read up on what the online mode patch did?

Thanks!
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Apr 8, 2008 8:55 PM | TYS Fan ]

> 1. Anyone see how to enable rumble, or is it just
> not used in the How To mode? (that's all I've had a
> chance to mess with thus far.)

Go to utilities, and select user settings. Then select COM and move down to the 3rd option コントローラ/Controller and change the vibration from OFF to ON. This will have switched on vibraton for games vs the computer.

To switch on vibration for 1P vs 2P modes etc, just select a different option on the user settings screen

[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 8, 2008 9:12 PM ]

Big Carolina, do you play PYS5 online? If so send me a friends request, my PSN is Cyphre316. Anyone who wishes to play online can send me a friends request.

The only thing I ask is DO NOT CHEAT....I don't like cheaters. If you play me and your beating me, no matter what score, I will finish the game and take my beating. I expect the same from my adversary. No cheating, no quitting and no disconnecting.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 9, 2008 12:37 PM ]

Is there a manage-only mode this year ?
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 10, 2008 7:39 AM | CLM Fan ]

Yeah, you just pick it before you play a game in Pennant.
[ Author: Guest: mofoCGC | Posted: Apr 9, 2008 12:22 AM ]

Did Fukudome get cut from the game?
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 10, 2008 7:39 AM | CLM Fan ]

He's in MLB now. I don't know what made you think there'd be a chance for him to be in this year.
[ Author: RandyBass | Posted: Apr 9, 2008 2:27 PM | HT Fan ]

"I highly advise everyone to buy this, as I don't want it to be the last in the series."

Why, is Konami in financial hot water, like so many other publishers?

Also, can someone post some impressions about the pitcher and batter AI? I'm curious to know about this aspect of the game, like: Do different batters have different approaches? Will you see pitchers set guys up? etc.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 10, 2008 7:41 AM | CLM Fan ]

The series just barely sells enough to justify the money and time they put into development. Unlike Winning Eleven, PYS only moves 150,000 units per year. WE moves several hundred thousand in Japan alone, then it moves millions overseas.
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Apr 10, 2008 9:46 PM | TYS Fan ]

Good news. The PS3 and PS2 versions of PYS5 sold 140,000 copies between them in the first week, with the PS2 version slightly outselling the PS3.

[ Author: odellshaun | Posted: Apr 10, 2008 1:07 AM ]

hi, could you tell me if this game is region free? i have a uk ps3 and would like to buy this game.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 10, 2008 7:42 AM | CLM Fan ]

All PS3 games are region free. GOOGLE!
[ Author: Guest: tigerman | Posted: Apr 11, 2008 12:15 PM ]

just one question. year by year, they always upgrade graphics and add some individual player stances etc, but have they added more crowd chants, especially for the Hanshin Tigers. I had the xbox360 spirits3. There wasnt much atmosphere, especially after taking off the commentating.

So is there better sound effects, crowd noise etc
[ Author: ExitMoose | Posted: May 7, 2008 1:24 PM | HT Fan ]

They definitely have cheer songs for most of the players. Sometimes they don't sound quite right (for instance, Toritani's theme changes octaves where it shouldn't), but I think that's due to the small scale they have the themes.

In any case, they're all pretty recognizable.
[ Author: Guest: dev | Posted: Apr 12, 2008 3:42 AM ]

Is there new and improved ball trajectory this year? How much of a difference are the graphical improvements? Does the game still have COM v COM mode?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 12, 2008 12:06 PM ]

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/baseball-other/246244-pro-yakyu-spirits-5-ps3-gameplay-video-real-life-tigersvsdragons.html

Posted this just to show everyone how good it looks compared to the real thing.

THIS game is a wonderful achievement...

Anyone NOT sold after this then...i don't know what to say?!?!
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Apr 30, 2008 12:02 PM | FSH Fan ]

Been playing stardom mode for the past week...as an original pitcher I made in Spirits mode(Saitoh Yuuki, if anyone wants to know). I aint sure if it's just me, the ball club, or if it's some bad programmings...I get relieved 90% of the time after the 5th inning, even if I was doing very good. Basically I average 60 pitches per game, and it's pretty frustrating as the bullpen needs to work 4 innings most games, and many time they lose the lead. I led the team in ERA with 1.15 after the first season, but since I only had 120ish IP, I wasn't even qualified.

I hoped it was just because I was a rookie and haven't earned the trust in Watanabe kantoku (Seibu Lions). Wakui pitches every 4 days, over half of them complete games and had some ridiculous 260 IP in the season, so I was hoping it was just me being a rookie and all that.

Finished first season, where I started the first Climax Series game for them. And then in the 2nd season, I was opening day starter. As usual, they told me before the game I was gonna go 7 innings. I took a 2-1 lead into the 5th, giving up just 1 solo jack to Zuleta, and struck out 5. And then again....Ohnuma comes in, gives up the lead, and we lost the opening game.

I kinda got fed up with this already. I aint sure if it's just with Seibu, or whatever. Saitoh had 55 stamina, and sometimes was only at half way in the stamina bar, and he takes me off.

Anyone else played Stardom mode as a pitcher and see stuffs like this?

Overall I felt that stardom mode was a step down from PYS4's MVP mode. You cant even see the team's calendar, I have absolutely no idea who I was gonna face before the day comes. And Wakui sometimes even starts on 1 day rest and pitches a CG.

The prize u get after a match is also too way good. Points for upgrading stats aren't well set up as well.

I guess I will go play Pennant mode or play as a fielding player.
[ Author: 20X6!! | Posted: May 1, 2008 6:33 PM | FSH Fan ]

My PS2 impressions:

As PYS2 was my last game I bought, there are probably a number of features that are new to me, but are probably old.

VP Points:

It gave me the 100,000 VP points for having PYS2!!

SUCCESS:

I can't figure this thing out. I end up with a person with A power, A fielding, and when I save it, the stats are severely lowered (like D/C range).

Also, I can't for the life of me find the players I create to do a little home run derby.

ARRANGE?!

Where is it? Is it gone? Is it a VP thing I have to unlock? Am I blind?

Overall likes:

I love the customized ouen songs (not a new feature I think). I like a lot of the new skills available to players (like flips to second during a double play). I like the ability to control more of the Success player's appearance. I like how you actually have to get under a ball a little to hit a home run.

Overall dislikes:

The ball still doesn't travel like it does in real life to center (slicing), foul backs are hit 10 miles high still, the slider and shoot still break completely parallel to the ground. I still don't like the "slash" swing as the ONLY means to hit the ball well the opposite way.

As quite possibly the LAST person to have received their copy in the mail and PRE-ORDERED, that's my first impression!!
[ Author: Guest: Jiji Fishiguchi | Posted: May 9, 2008 6:18 PM ]

I just had PYS5 on PS3 yesterday !!!

What a game !
I had PYS4 but now that there's no "black screens" it's a new pleasure to play...

The only thing I prefer in PYS 4 is the HR Derby music (and the fact that there's Kuroda & Fukudome, of course...)

Thanks BigManZam for his translation that helps me a lot !
[ Author: Guest: Devin | Posted: May 18, 2008 2:48 AM ]

Which option is for manage only mode???
[ Author: Guest: Dev | Posted: May 21, 2008 9:01 AM ]

Also, Can someone guide me on how to make trades in this game. there is some re-arranging that i would like to do
[ Author: Guest: Mattiewheels | Posted: Oct 8, 2008 7:32 AM ]

I've had so much fun with this game, but suddenly need the money....I loved checking up on these boards for info, and I thought this would be a good place to see if anyone was interested in buying my used copy of PYS5 for PS3 for about $50. My email's wolfnotes@gmail.com .
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.