Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Success Mode - Pawapuro 11 Chou Kettiban

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Success Mode - Pawapuro 11 Chou Kettiban
I've been trying to read up on how to make powerful players in Pawapuro 11. After reading the boards here, I've actually regressed from 13 to 12 to 11, and I'm enjoying 11 more than the other 2 (like everyone else).

But at the end of any scenario, the best character I can get is roughly the following:

Starter - 144kph, two off-speed pitches at lvl 4, 155 control (at B/C line) and 110 stamina (again B/C cutoff). Perhaps an extra "ability" (stronger in a pinch, etc.)

Reliever - 150 kph, two off-speed pitches at lvl 4, 155 control, 70-85 stamina. And usually - stronger when entering a game (I think that's what it is) & stronger in a pinch/quick recovery (again, I think that's what it is).

(btw, does a higher throw ability mean that a P hits closer to their top speed?)

Batter - 2 meet, 110 power, 8 run, 12 throw, 10 defense, 8 error. Perhaps add in chance/chancemaker.

I threw a team of these players together in a computer simulated game vs. Seibu, and quit in disgust as the team was losing 15-4 after 6.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and I can't really understand the Japanese FAQ's.

I don't necessarily need a step by step as to how to get a star player, but I would like to know what might help improve my final stats.
Comments
Re: Success Mode - Pawapuro 11 Chou Kettiban
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Jun 16, 2008 2:22 AM | FSH Fan ]

What scenario are u making them in?

Not sure how much u found out about it, but I can give u some brief simple advice.

Depending on ur own skills, it's easiest to make strong fielding players in Teiou (if u're good, coz Teiou is very skill demanding), or Pawafuru University (easy to use, better exp for each training).

For pitchers, either Eleven (which I prefer) or Teiou (which I dun prefer, due to having to pitch against Pawafuru everytime).

If u want to play as captain, remember to earn enough money to buy "Mikaeri Bat/Glove", which gives 1.5x exp. If u play as non-captain, ur results will earn u different attributes.

If u want to have a strong player, remember NOT to use rookie amulet, as it makes ur exp 1/6, so no matter how good u do, u wont get much exp.

Practice until ur injury rate's at around 15%. If u only want good players and dun care about risking ur player's life, u can go up further, I know some people practice until 25%, but I like to play it safe, so 15%'s all I usually go up to.

Use friendly tag as much as possible, as they net u WAY more exp than regular practice.

Ask anything on it, I suppose I can answer it after playing it for years.
[ Author: Kamina Ayato | Posted: Jun 18, 2008 3:45 AM | HC Fan ]

Well, I've been able to discern a little more from the Japanese FAQ's and been able to improve my numbers a bit.

According to what I've read, the key for fielders was to improve the hitting immediately then defense by training almost exclusively Throwing or Fielding for all 3 years. My method is the following now:

By 1st matchup, angle 2/3, C meet
By 2nd matchup, angle 3, B meet
By 3rd matchup, C defense
By 4th matchup, B power
By last matchup, B in all categories

(I can't tell if leaving the stats without using them provides a benefit or not)

For P's, it was to develop the off-speed pitches first, then worry about increasing top speed and control.

So now, I get the following stats:

SP - still the same - mid-upper 140's, 155 control, 110 stamina.

Long RP - upper 140's, 155 control, 90-100 stamina with high recovery.

Setup/Closers - low 150's, 155 control, 65-80 stamina (depending on if I have extra power stats left over at end) with high recovery

In all cases, I have 2 off-speed pitches at level 4, one occasionaly at 5.

For batters, the general stat is the following:

3 angle, B meet, min 110 power, 12 run, 12 throw, 12 fielding, 8 error.

I do the training w/Yabe to get the fielding stat, and other random stats that appear during the course of play.

With the new system, I have been playing exclusively out of Pawafuru. My hitting skills are not that great, so Teiou is kinda out of the question (I'm getting better, but impossible for me to rally from behind when I'm in captain mode - although hitting Teiou's ace has gotten better since I've realized he mainly pitches low.).

15%?! Really? I find that odd since I've been burned often with single digit percentages. I suppose I'll give it a shot the next P I try.

I thought Eleven Daigaku might be good for P since you have Mizuki to help with control. But losing the Jyan-ken-pon really frustrates me at times when it comes to training. Not to mention the whole having to get 2-3 other people for the think session at night to prevent getting yellow carded by that professor dude.

And Eiko Gakuin Daigaku seems kinda useless now that I think about it. The whole "Hustle/Donyori" thing gets frustrating after a while.

With friendship practice, is the gain in practice usually cancelled out by the larger loss of power forcing you to rest/use pawarin's? Not that I don't use it though.

Finally, what is the deal with the blue-suited guy? What exactly is he asking for with the A/B/C courses?

BTW, the pro coach that you get in tough mode for Pawafuru can be a real major pain-in-the-*** when it comes to his little "methods" at the beginning of the month. Turned one of my high beginning stat fielders into a sub-average player at the end.
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Jun 20, 2008 1:12 PM | FSH Fan ]

It's best to first develop an off speed pitch to around lv 4 or 5, then another one to lv 2. By concentrating on one breaking pitch, the exp u need to increase it is less than if u have 2 different pitches and then leveling them up at the same time. U can live with 130ish speed for a long while.

On average, my starting pitchers have 10 movements (most common spread is 5-3-2, 4-4-2, 5-4-1). If u're doing 5-4-1, the 1 is usually some pitches that breaks a lot, like a slow curve.

For fielding players in general, increasing hitting first is the main thing, coz most of the time ur defense wont matter that much in a sim game, only batting and speed matters in the beginning. But if u play Teiou, and take the Shitenou route (there's two route for Teiou, Shitenou and Shin-Teiou), the coach will come to u at nite and scold u if one of ur stats is in particular lower than the others (he even yelled at a C10 stat once coz everything else was A)

If u're Pawafuru, following Hatsuno around more will get u the friendly tag for defense. Yabe's not quite as useful since he's only for speed trainings. Gijutsu/Skill is usually one of the main exp to get when practicing, coz u need a lot of it for defense and meet. Throwing is very good too coz it gets u lots of str and decent skills. I usually do that in the beginning until the practice level gets too high and too tiring, then I throw in some weight training to get str.

Btw, if u work on a practice 2 or 3 times in a row, u will get extra bonus. So dun always move around following people, if u're on a practice u really need, u can do it 3 times to get those extra bonus.

Pawapuru is easier in general, and Teiou aint hard to beat coz Inukawa is comparatively one of the weaker pitcher in the game, and Teiou's CPU are all tsuyoi only. Teiou can actually make pretty good pitchers if u know how to pitch against powerful CPU hitting...I dun do quite well in that category...so most of the time I get frustrated, I move over to Eleven for pitchers.

Eleven's Janken is alrite. Coz 50% of the time u get a better chance to win (while random member and Karuisawa have a 33% chances of everything, the other two have a 75% chance of doing a pa or a gu, depending on their names, which I dun remember exactly) And sometimes if u win 10 or more consecutive times, u might even get sense attributes (-10% exp for every stat increase)

One thing bad about making pitchers in Eleven is u only get 1 success characters u made to join, and also the infield defense in general is EXTREMELY weak (best to be non-captain in Eleven, bcoz if u do it right u can get no-hitters and 20k's games all the time). So it really depends on ur pitching skills to do well.

I dun do Eiko much, dun like the hustle system at all, and very less chance to get special attributes from matches.

In fact, I love playing All-Japan team. It's the scenario I like the best, and u're almost gurantee to get a very decent player (rarely would u make a super player, but u cant go wrong in All-Japan mode) But requires u to be able to play the game and beat opponents urself.
[ Author: Kamina Ayato | Posted: Jun 24, 2008 2:38 PM | HC Fan ]

Decided to try the All-Japan mode tonight, and it's not impossible like 12's. In fact, I cleared it on the first try. Helps that I got the use of my players I created at Pawafuru Daigaku. (Knuckle actually is random like Abata's ball in 12!)

In the end I got a 3-B-121-A-B-B-D player. Had I known the amount of bonuses I'd get by beating Australia and America, I'd have trained running less and would've been able to up my power more/increase my meet.

It certainly isn't all-star level, but base stat-wise, it's right around where I'm getting through Pawafuru if not a little better (perhaps a tradeoff in special attributes).
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.