Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

PYS5 "Spirits Mode" point/strength decline?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
PYS5 "Spirits Mode" point/strength decline?
When I create a player in Spirits Mode, almost always once the mode has finished and I'm saving the player, the player's strengths are always a step or two lower than what I've earned. (Like Power goes from b -> c). Am I missing something?
Comments
Re: PYS5 "Spirits Mode" point/strength decline?
[ Author: Guest: LOC | Posted: Jul 5, 2008 5:14 AM ]

That's a good question. I'd like to know the answer to that one. A bug perhaps? Or perhaps a sharp intentional drop in ratings by the designers? Has anyone else encountered this?

Re: PYS5 "Spirits Mode" point/strength decline?
[ Author: Guest: Hanshinagi | Posted: Jul 6, 2008 4:12 PM ]

It is because the second set of number that you have is for growth. Depending on which set up you pick. If you pick Hawaii. You first play as the player and pick up points. With those you make you player (current ability) next you get to go to the card game. Those are for growth. Meaning when you have done the last set of leveling up you don't get that right away. That is the possible growth of that character. Hopes that helps
Re: PYS5 "Spirits Mode" point/strength de
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Jul 7, 2008 2:18 AM | FSH Fan ]

Or let me try to phrase it better...

There's an option u can buy in the shop called "Awaken mode", which gives u the card mode after ur initial spirits mode (where u play with 1 of the 4 training camp). The stats u gain in Awaken mode will be the max potential ur player will get to when u buy his growth in the VP shop (just like any player).

So when u save ur player, the stats will be the stats right after u finish ur training camp (which is ur player's current stats), and in order to get to the stats at the end of Awaken mode, u will need to put ur player into a team and use ur pts to buy his max potential.

Depending on ur player's initial stats right after training camp, u will need to buy it more times to reach max. Usually the less stars u get (weaker stats), u will need to spend more pts to buy more levels, than say someone who finished training camp with a very strong player.

Also, in Awaken mode, if ur player is lower ranked (less stars), u will have more turns to increase ur stats.

Special attributes contributes less to the ranking, so if u want some super strong player, u can buy lots of special attributes during the initial training camp, therefore having more turns in Awaken mode, and then increase their stats there. But of course, if u do that, then u will have a pretty crappy player if u dun bu their potential.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.