Any word on PYS6?
Anything?
Comments
Re: Any word on PYS6?
[ Author: Guest: Yakyu Fan 80 | Posted: Jan 29, 2009 5:58 AM ]

Rumor has it that Spirit 6 will not be released
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 29, 2009 1:44 PM ]

Ok, yakyu fan 80, name the source of the rumor (if this rumor actually exist). To everyone else, be patient, real news on any release of a PYS6, should be forth coming mid-to-late February.
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Jan 29, 2009 3:54 PM | SFT Fan ]

If they keep with the release schedule the past 2 years, it'll release on April 1st. Last year PYS5 didn't have much of anything in terms of news until February or March.
[ Author: Guest: Luigi | Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:00 PM ]

Guys, PYS6 *will* be released! I got this info straight from Konami, 100% honest to God! I wrote them a very simple email in Japanese telling them I'm a huge PYS fan from overseas and asking if there will be a PYS6. They told me it is scheduled for Summer 2009 and please stay tune to magazines and the official homepage for information. I tried to copy and paste the complete reply but the words won't show up correctly on this board. If anyone wants proof I can forward Konami's email to you.
Admin: Kanji on Forums
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 5, 2009 9:47 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've never had trouble typing in 日本語 on the forums. Would you happen to be using that awful, non-standards conforming browser made by Microsoft? Please try again with FireFox.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 6, 2009 1:15 PM | YBS Fan ]

Luigi forwarded the e-mail to me for posting. It is posted below in full:

To: <my email address censored>
Subject: ご返答:プロ野球スピリッツシリーズ
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 13:32:03 +0900

平素よりコナミ製品に格別なるご愛顧を賜りまして、厚く御礼申し上げます。

この度は「プロ野球スピリッツ」シリーズに関するお問い合わせを頂きまして、
誠にありがとうございます。

お問い合わせの件につきまして、現在のところ、本作品の次回作につきまし
ては、2009年夏頃の発売予定でございます。
なお、商品の発売日、商品内容などにつきましては、決定次第雑誌やホーム
ページ上などにてご案内してまいりますので、今後の情報にご期待ください
ますよう、お願いいたします。

また何かご不明な点等ございましたら、お気軽に下記コナミお客様相談室ま
でお問い合わせ下さいませ。

今後ともコナミの商品を宜しくお願いいたします。
===================================================================
コナミお客様相談室(担当:栗田)

電話でのお問い合わせはこちら>
ナビダイヤル : 0570-086-573
平日 9:00~19:00 / 土日祝日 10:00~18:00)
*お電話番号はお間違えのないようにおかけください。
*ナビダイヤルは全国どちらからでも市内通話料金にてご利用頂けます。
*ナビダイヤルをご利用頂けないお客様は、03-5771-0517までご連絡願います。

メールでのお問い合わせはこちら>
http://www.konami.co.jp/toiawase/
* konami-info@konami.com は発信専用のメールアドレスとなります。
本メールに直接ご返信頂いても当方でメールを受信する事はできません。
*返信内容の転用・転載はご遠慮下さいますようお願いいたします。
*いただいたメールへの当日中のご返事は、原則として9:00~17:00の時間
帯での受信分となります。時間外にいただいたメールのご返事はお時間を
いただく場合がございますので、予めご了承くださいますよう、お願い
いたします。
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Feb 8, 2009 4:32 PM | SFT Fan ]

Interesting decision to release PYS6 in the summer as opposed to spring like earlier years. I guess Konami didn't want to have to compete with MLB 09 and 2K9 for gamers' wallets. Now my release schedule is a little less cluttered!
[ Author: Guest: Dev | Posted: Feb 9, 2009 3:56 AM ]

I also think its too close in time to Knzen ban that was recently released. Its important that they make sufficient upgrades or what would be the reason to buy it? PYS 5 Kanzenban is a tight game. What do u really think they should do to top it?
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Feb 9, 2009 10:23 AM | SFT Fan ]

Well, Cyphre would be the guy to ask, but from what I've heard from him, the online still needs small tweaks. I personally would like to see some headset support too, so I can talk to some of my opponents. Small additions would be nice, like ni-gun teams, expanded rosters (if Japan does that), and more depth to the Franchise mode.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 9, 2009 3:17 PM ]

I completely agree on all the additions you mentioned, nipponham; specially headset support. This series really doesn't need much polishing in gameplay, where it really needs help is expanding the offline experience to keep players coming back for more. Also online gameplay needs some additions like league play option, choosing to use unlocked items online would be nice (like uniforms, players and options). Gamplay really needs minor tweaks/animations like broken bats, injuries, etc.

I wish Konami would use the PYS engine to make a MLB and/or WBC game; I was hoping 2K Sports would make the MLB 2K9 game with this engine, like they did with MLB Power Pros. I hope this is not another disappointing year for MLB games.
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Feb 10, 2009 8:35 AM | SFT Fan ]

I would also like to see CPU players swing at bad pitches and have umpire personalities like in The Show.
[ Author: Guest: Shini | Posted: Feb 11, 2009 6:45 PM ]

They fixed the stardom mode pitching problems, but then also destroyed some of it

Right now, you can pitch pass the 7th inning on normal situations, which was what killed stardom mode for pitcher in PYS5. However, they tweaked the fatigue numbers. After around 100 pitches, your fatigue will be at 7x% the next day, and it takes more than a week to get it down (unless you use items every time), which messes up the whole rotation. My pitcher's fatigue recovery is already at 17, which is a very very good number for starting pitchers, and I still can't pitch according to the rotation. Not as bad as the original bug, but it's pretty frustrating if you ask me
[ Author: Guest: yankee4life | Posted: Feb 11, 2009 5:41 AM ]

I think they are releasing it in the summer because of the new Carp stadium. They probably need the time to put it in the game to make sure it is accurate to the real one.
[ Author: Guest: kamachi | Posted: Feb 11, 2009 7:11 AM ]

Four things I'd like to see (first three are relatively minor since I like the game as it is now)

- Photos for all players rather than computer graphic faces

- A World Baseball Classic Mode

- The ability to unlock former NPB players who are in the MLB now.

- Expand the franchise as mentioned. It doesn't need to match American games but maybe have newspaper clippings on certain games pop up, more use of free agents before the season and during, and a few more story lines like guys talking about going to the MLB when their contract is up or some off the field thing that keeps the player out of the line up for a day (missed flight, death in the family, etc). Maybe even actual interviews with a few key players that you could unlock. All of those would really immerse the player in the game. Maybe tough with all Japanese but I am sure we could figure it out.

And, since some of you send e-mails to Konami, maybe you could send a few of the suggestions from this board. They probably are pretty far along in the development cycle to make the changes, but there is always next year!
[ Author: Guest: JarOfMayo | Posted: Feb 21, 2009 12:13 PM ]

If you look at Pawapro.

MLB 2009 version on at least JP side will have a WBC mode. Plus editing and a lot of the stuff missing from previous Major versions.

If you look at the Wii versions of the original you'll see the Konami will probably be working off the Wii instead of PS3... leaving PYS alone there. PowerPro 2009 is basically 15 Ketteiban. waste of time...

Strangely enough with its relationship with 2K, I think a real "FIFA" like game maybe finally marketable for Wii Pawapro... think like... "Jikkyou Powerful Baseball." dun dun dunnnnn ^_^;
[ Author: RandyBass | Posted: Feb 13, 2009 1:40 AM | HT Fan ]

> I think they are releasing it in the summer because
> of the new Carp stadium.

Actually, I heard the summer release is to give them time to add English to the game so that Westerners can play the game more easily.

Wait, did I say "heard"? I meant "dreamt". Sorry about that.

[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Feb 15, 2009 11:53 AM | SFT Fan ]

Sending letters has seemingly worked, and if it could get Mystery Science Theater 3000 back on the air for 3 seasons, it could surely work for getting more stuff into PYS either this season or for future games!

Keep circulating the tapes!
[ Author: RandyBass | Posted: Mar 7, 2009 12:50 PM | HT Fan ]

"Sending letters has seemingly worked, if it could get Mystery Science Theater 3000 back on the air..."

La la la.

No word on PYS6 yet?

Ah... Patience... A big part of baseball.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.