Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Query: NPB XBOX 360 Game (sorry, I know it's been asked before)

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Query: NPB XBOX 360 Game (sorry, I know it's been asked before)
Hey there,

Sorry for this question -- I'm sure it's been asked a lot -- but I'd really appreciate your help.

I'm a long-time admirer from afar of the Pro Yakyuu series and I was wondering if there was any way to play the game in the US on an XBOX 360.

It seems to me that they've discontinued making it on the Xbox 360, but that there was a game once upon a time (Pro Yakyuu 3 or 4?). It also seems as though I can only play it if it's region free as my Xbox is American.

Can anyone help me please?

THANKS!

-Ziggy
Comments
Re: Query: NPB XBOX 360 Game (sorry, I know it's been asked before)
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 27, 2009 11:32 AM ]

Hey Ziggy, the version you are refering to is Pro Yakyu Spirits 3; and was the only one in the series to make it on the Xbox 360 (unfortunately...very unfortunately).

Still today (3 years after its release), is the BEST baseball game on the Xbox 360.

Sadly, you would have to buy a japanese console to play it; as the "geniuses" at Microsoft decided to region code the system thinking it would help them in Japan via import sales. However, its weak performance in "Nippon Contry" has backfired and now you would have to buy a whole new system to play it; or hack your 360 (you won't be able to play online).

I found a great deal on ebay and bought a Japan system (with built-in HDMI) and 4 games, including Pro Yakyu Spirits 3. I don't regret this purchase and have bought every Pro Yakyu Spirits game that has released for the PS3 (well worth it), I think this is the best baseball game series ever made.....bar none.
Re: Query: NPB XBOX 360 Game (sorry, I know it's been asked before)
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 28, 2009 1:27 AM ]

Thanks, Cyphre! I really appreciate it.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.