Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

How do you prevent the AI from altering your roster in pennant mode?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
How do you prevent the AI from altering your roster in pennant mode?
I've played about a month and over that period, three of my players have been sent to ni-gun without me doing anything. Obviously, this gets annoying because they have to stay there for 10 days before I can bring them back. Is there a way to turn off these auto roster moves?

If it helps, two players were pitchers and one was a hitter. My pitchers, even though I do a 6-man rotation, are always a little tired when their turn comes up (10-20%) so the AI will switch some of them out. I scouted a gaijin player and he automatically replaced a player on my main roster without me getting any say in the matter. So, I can avoid scouting foriegn players but I am not sure of the best way to manage pitcher fatigue.

Any help would be appreciated.
Comments
Re: How do you prevent the AI from altering your roster in pennant mode?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 24, 2009 5:25 AM ]

Kamachi-san, if you are playing season mode and you simulate some games; the CPU takes over your team (management and rosters) for that period making ALL decisions for you. And if you are playing Stardom mode you have no choice; as you are a player, not management.

As for controlling pitcher's fatigue levels; not all pitchers are work horses (this game is pretty accurate with this) so you need to "know" your pitchers' limits.

Make sure you are you are looking at their fatigue/stamina attributes; this is represented by a letter (S, A, B, C, D, E, F or G) S is best, G is worst. Each pitcher is different so you need to use them wisely. Sometimes you will have no choice but to send someone down and bring up a fresh arm.

Also when playing them, don't pitch them an entire game (not all of them can do this effectively); and have a pitch count for certain pitchers. I actually used the pitcher stats on this website to average my pitchers' innings, (believe it or not) and it helped me better manage my pitchers and know their limits.

Hope this helps.
Re: How do you prevent the AI from altering your roster in pennant mode?
[ Author: kamachi | Posted: Mar 29, 2009 1:33 PM | YG Fan ]

Thanks, Cyphre...this really helped. What happened was when I got to the Monday (off day) I simmed it. Four times, four different roster moves. Now I know why and can avoid it!

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.