Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Spirits 6 FAQ

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Pro Yakyu Spirits 6 FAQ
Hello everyone,

after my trip to Japan this year and watching a total of 4 games live at the ballparks, I just had to get PYS6 for my PS3. ^^

It is really much fun and especially the sound is just like in the ballpark O.O

BUT I'm not able to speak or read Japanese and I never played PYS or another Baseball game before, so I have lotta beginners questions and I hope that’s okay.

On top of that I'm searching for people who might translate the manual right now and I will post it here with scans once I find someone.

Okay now my questions -_- :

1. Pitching:
1.1 How to do it correctly (step 1-4).
1.2 What are the differences in step 1 where you can pick pitches and what do the letters and arrows mean?
1.3 What do the red and blue areas mean (blue strike and red hit?)?
1.4 Pickoffs are done with triangle, circle or square - What does the manual say about left, up, right + square?
1.5 Anything else beginners should know?

2. Batting:
2.1 Click R1 at step one - What are the differences except for the area the ball is allowed to connect?
2.2 What is the difference between X and circle when batting?
2.3 How to run bases
2.4 What about all the combinations like directions + square or x OR L2 + square, circle, x triangle and so on
2.5 What else should beginners know?

3. Fielding:
3.1 Is it able to change whom you control?
3.2 Can you run faster (sprint)?
3.3 How to field properly (like before what about all that button combinations?)
2.4 What else should a beginner know?

4. Anything else one just has to know to be able to play well?

Thank you so much in advance!!!
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Spirits 6 FAQ
[ Author: Guest: thenewcurse | Posted: Jul 23, 2009 10:27 AM ]

Lukas,

I dont speak or understand any japanese, but after playing PYS 3,4 and now 6, I can make my way through pennant mode (and thus any mode except Spirits mode) without much of a problem and would like to share some of my knowledge of the game with you. Let me address what I can.

Pitching: While I can't tell you what word corresponds to changeup or slider or knuckle-curve, I can tell you that the defualt pitch is a fastball. By utilizing warmup tosses when a pitcher enters the game, you can gauge the break and velocity of a pitch by moving the analog stick in the direction of an available pitch. In essence though, pitches that have result from pushing the analog stick in a downward direction are likely a sinker, splitter or in rare occasions a change-up. Two-seam fastballs, cutters, or sliders are to the left or right directions, while other breaking balls are in a downward-left or downward right direction. To throw a pitch, move the analog stick in a corresponding direction, hit the x button, and then when the pitcher is releasing the ball from his hand, press the x button again. The red and blue zones in the strike zone are the hot and cold zones for each individual batter. The only other thing you really need to know is regarding defensive shifts. You can shift your defense by holding down the L1 button and then using the d-pad to select a formation.

Batting: The R1 button is used to alternate b/w power batting and contact hitting. Use contact to get men on base, when hitting with 2 strikes or when trying to advance a runner via a ground ball. The curson shrinks on power batting, but if you connect, the ball will travel a signifcant degree farther. X Batting is used to pull the ball (right handed hitter to left field, or lefty to right field), while O batting is for slap hitting, or to hit to the opposite field. Running the bases takes practice, esp. with multiple runners on base. To advance all runners, use triangle. To have all runners retreat, use O. To advance one runner in particular, press the direction of that base on the d-pad and the square button. To retreat, use the d-pad and the X button. Addtionally, runners can stop, on a line drive for example, by hitting both the triangle and O buttons.

Fielding: This part is very straightforward and standard to an American game. Plus, i dont know as much about this topic.

Hope i was of service. Someone a ways back helped me out and now it was my turn. Good luck!
Re: Pro Yakyu Spirits 6 FAQ
[ Author: Lukas | Posted: Jul 23, 2009 9:00 PM | YOM Fan ]

Thank for the help it did help me quite a lot. Another thing which helped me so much was the ingame tutorial I found. I couldn’t read anything but they luckily show you the buttons you have to press and that way I learned the most important controls of the game.

I managed to win my first game 3 to 2 ^^; And it was lotta fun!

But still some questions remain:

What are cold/hot zones and from witch perspective do I see them (for both offence and defence)

What does L2+x,circle,square or triangle do while batting (have seen it in the manual)

Can I instruct a player to move further from a base to have better chances for a steal? And what is the timing to press triangle to let him still... I only get bad or good timing but no great.

What do I have to do in order to hit good... I don't have problem to connect, but all the hits lead to outs without a chance to get to 1st. Not to speak about homeruns, which seem nearly impossible to me?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.