Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

PYS 2010

Discussion in the Video Games forum
PYS 2010
For any one who still is playing this series. The new game Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2010 will be coming out on 4/1/2010. For the first time series will come out on PS3, PS2, and PSP. They already have a site set up for it with some screenshots from the PS3 version. Not much info out there right now. Check back later. Just go to Konami Web site and look for youself.
Comments
Re: PYS 2010
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 14, 2010 2:15 AM ]

Looks to be an exiting game.....it seems the PYS engine has been upgraded for 2010 and I am really looking forward to the new modes/additions to this years game......too bad their is no WBC mode in this years game.
[ Author: Guest: PGOODYoriginal | Posted: Jan 15, 2010 4:34 AM ]

HAHA YES!! I swear this is the only baseball game that I play all the way through until the new one comes out. Videogame baseball doesn't get any better than this. PYS4LIFE!
[ Author: Guest: Kamachi | Posted: Jan 17, 2010 6:16 AM ]

I agree that the PYS game is great and is the best baseball game on the market, gameplay-wise. And, since gameplay is pretty solid, hopefully they worked on a few little things to make the game better like:

- adding new animations (so many were recycled between 5 and 6)

- having better stat overlays (season stats and in game stats don't show up as much in 6 as 5)

- fixing a few batting stances (Like Kyojin's Matsumoto)

- adding additional commentary

- updating fan chants and songs (many I heard this past summer in Japan are not in the game)

- showing close ups of fans (they look great but the only time it gets close is one or two scoreboard videos)

- having real pictures on roster pages like they did for Japan's WBC team in PYS6 (instead of the cartoonish ones they have now)

- establishing a free agent pool so released players don't
just disappear and so you have some other guys to pick from to round out your team during the season

- adding ability (requirement) to warm up pitchers...not only do I not like having to warm up pitchers, I also don't like when they have a cut scene of guys warming up when those aren't the pitchers I plan to put in the game.

- adding more injuries...they happen way too infrequently.

- recongnizing foriegn players who have been in Japan long enough not to count against the restriction (Ramirez, Rhodes). As a stretch, maybe an option to turn off the restriction all together.

Basically, the gameplay is there. Now time for some polishing. PYS6 is a keeper due to WBC mode. But if they can fix all or most of the above, I'll pick up 2010 too.

Can't wait for the first demo video!
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Jan 19, 2010 10:59 AM | SFT Fan ]

More pitching and batting forms are a given, they do a great job of updating those every year. More commentary and accurate songs and chants would be nice (they seem to neglect the Pacific League).

I personally would like to see the return of the Strike Pitch mode that was in PYS4. I loved that mode and it's a great way to check out pitchers in a semi-competitive mode.
[ Author: Guest: Hanshinagi | Posted: Feb 10, 2010 3:13 AM ]

New videos have been added to the site. Check them out.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 12, 2010 4:49 AM ]

Dont forget though, they allowed you to make your own chants in both PYS 5 and PYS 6...
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 27, 2010 7:09 AM ]

Found this on youtube, some show playing with the announcers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb-xovWiBP0
[ Author: Guest: PGOODY | Posted: Mar 10, 2010 11:32 PM ]

Dont they usually update the official site once a week up until release, I haven't seen anything new yet...
[ Author: Guest: PGOODYoriginal | Posted: Mar 13, 2010 12:20 AM ]

Official Konami site has been updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.