Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Larry Bigbie Injured

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Larry Bigbie Injured
Is he injured again? He hasn't played the last few games and he's not on the active roster for tonight's game. The BayStars really need his bat in the middle of their order.
Comments
Re: Larry Bigbie Injured
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 29, 2008 8:57 PM | YBS Fan ]

A quick check of Bigbie's player page shows that he damaged the peroneal muscle in his right leg and was sent down to the farm on March 26. So, yes, he's injured again.

Looking at the March 25th box score, it appears that he was substituted after his first at bat (a single to center).

Reading the 26th Nikkan Sports (paper version), Bigbie felt a sharp pain in his leg when he was running the bases, scoring on a base hit in the second inning. He was substituted in the field thereafter.

Unfortunately, Bigbie hasn't done much during the game's I've managed to watch. I think I've only seen two hits by him, tops. But he is hitting .333 with 4 RBIs over 9 games, so that's something. (I'm bad luck?) His 8 strike outs to 1 base on balls over those 9 games has me worried, though.

I've been impressed by Hiroaki Ohnishi who's come in to replace him in left, though. Ohya-kantoku had gone through a number of people in left last year and at the beginning of this season. It's not a very big sample size, but I've liked what I've seen of him in the three games he's played in so far.
[ Author: Dan Miceli | Posted: Apr 29, 2008 10:14 PM ]

Thanks, Michael. I'll remember to check the player pages for injury updates from now on. By the way, he was injured on April 25, not March 25.

It seems a little slow around here. I hope you are able to get more people interested in actively participating in the site soon.
[ Author: Guest: Woody | Posted: May 6, 2008 8:53 AM ]

I agree, and think Ohnishi has played well. But when Bigbie is healthy he should be playing everyday! He and Ohnishi are apples and oranges. Bigbie has a way higher upside, and seemed to just be getting comfortable at the plate before this. I think he is going to be a solid player for the BayStars and they really need his bat in the lineup.
OT: Brian Sikorski?
[ Author: Guest: Tom Waelchli | Posted: May 4, 2008 9:41 AM ]

Hi Dan, I'm looking for Brian Sikorski's numbers. I know you're a good friend, where can I go to follow the season?

Thanks,

Tom W.
Re: OT: Brian Sikorski?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 4, 2008 7:10 PM | YBS Fan ]

First of all, you do realize that the above isn't the "real" Dan Miceli, right? He's a fan who wants Miceli's legacy in Japan to not go unremembered.

Next, did you read the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) about getting stats in English? If you still have a question after reading that, please feel free to post to a more appropriate forum (descriptions of forums available at that link).

I know I come off as a jerk when I try to remind people of proper netiquette (like reading FAQs first and doing a minimum of research before asking questions). I realize that the amount of information on this site has gotten to be a bit out of control and is sometimes hard to find as well, so I'll assume that you did give an effort and weren't able to find what you were looking for. I hope that the above two links can help you get started.
[ Author: YankeesDaily | Posted: May 5, 2008 7:18 AM ]

Wow, I thought he was the real Dan.

YankeesDaily
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: May 6, 2008 7:54 AM | SFT Fan ]

Don't worry, I was fooled myself, so you're not the only one ^_^.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.