Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

The U.S. and Yakyu in Japan

Discussion in the NPB News forum
The U.S. and Yakyu in Japan
Remember how I often say that none of the papers that I answer questions for ever make their way back here. Well, Jeff Jack Humphrey has changed that. Below is his presentation on "The United States and Yakyu in Japan."

You can view this presentation directly from Google Docs as well.

Thank you Humphrey-san for contributing back.

[Updated presentation to final version on May 20, 2008 9:24 AM, JST]
Comments
Re: The U.S. and Yakyu in Japan
[ Author: mijow | Posted: May 15, 2008 12:58 AM | HT Fan ]

It's good that he got back to you. I could quibble with a couple of the details, like the four-gaijin rule, which is more complicated than that.

But you gotta love the Meiji-era plane in slide 2.
Re: The U.S. and Yakyu in Japan
[ Author: Guest: DaClyde | Posted: May 26, 2008 10:42 AM ]

The Cecil Fielder slide is misleading:
The prior four seasons he hit 31 home runs for the Blue Jays in the MLB
If you look at the At Bats for those four seasons, they just about total a single season's worth of play. Fielder didn't suddenly become a good hitter in Japan, he just "suddenly" got to play his first full season.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.