Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Kroon Sets New Record: 159kph

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
Kroon Sets New Record: 159kph
Yokohama's new closer, Marc Kroon, game in against the Rakuten Golden Eagles this evening (May 11, 2005) with two down and nobody on in the bottom of the 9th inning. His first pitch to Yosuke Takasu hit 158kph, tying the Japan record for fastest pitch, himself included with the record holders.

Kroon's second pitch was recorded at 159kph, a new Japan record!

Takasu then lifted the third pitch, a 155kph high fastball, to center for the final out of the game.

Congratulations Kroon! With Kazuhiro Sasaki undergoing surgery this week, Kroon has stepped up to be the desparately needed closer that the 'Stars have needed. I look forward to seeing more of him as the season progresses. And perhaps the toppling of the 160kph barrier.
Comments
Re: Kroon Sets New Record: 159kph
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: May 12, 2005 8:18 PM | HT Fan ]

- And perhaps the toppling of the 160kph barrier.

<DREAM>
Actually, I plan to do that. I've decided to apply to appear in the Speed Gun Contest held at Koshien before Hanshin games. The girl asks each contestant (usually kids from the kids' fan club) what their target speed is (usually around 60km/h). You get two throws: I plan to use the first one as a warm up; somewhere around 130km/h. I'll really let rip on the second one and top 160km/h.
</DREAM>
[ Author: Guest: Shannon Scott | Posted: Jul 12, 2005 1:55 AM ]

Kroon-

I have not been logging in for awhile- and just came across this. Way to go on making a new record. You are doing so great out there and deserve all this recognition. I wish i could see you play again instead of just hearing about it. I keep seeing the meida reports on the Baystars website. I bet you are just thrilled with the way things are going?

Great Job!!! Keep in touch will you!!

Shannon
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: May 18, 2005 9:40 AM | YAK Fan ]

Kroon hit the 159 kph mark again in the May 17 game against the Orix Buffaloes at Osaka Dome, on his first pitch to Hirotoshi Kitagawa.
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: May 21, 2005 7:48 PM | YAK Fan ]

Kroon hit the 159 mark for the second time this season, on his second pitch to Alex Cabrera in the 9th inning of the May 21st game against the Seibu Lions, at Yokohama Stadium.

I think it is just a matter of time before he hits 160.
Re: Kroon Sets New Record: 161kph
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 20, 2005 5:37 AM ]

Marc Kroon just broke his own record, with a 161 kph pitch against Hanshin. He clocked 161kph to Hanshin Tigers outfielder Norihiro Akahoshi in the 12th inning Tuesday.

http://www.japanball.com/news.phtml?id=4408

Re: Kroon Sets New Record: 161kph
[ Author: Guest: Shannon Scott | Posted: Jul 20, 2005 12:28 PM ]

Way to go Kroon- CONGRATULATIONS You did it again. If anyone could break a record and then break thier own again it would be you. You are doing so great in Japan they are lucky to have you.

Congrats again, keep in touch,

Shannon
from CO
[ Author: Guest: gabY | Posted: Aug 30, 2005 11:24 PM ]

Way to go Marc! I've seen you play in Mexico and you are sooo great! I knew you'd do great!

Hope to see u back in Culiacán!

gabY L
Culiacán, MX
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.