Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

14 Consecutive Hits?

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
14 Consecutive Hits?
Did Ogasawara tied an NPB record or 14 consecutive hits?
Comments
14 Consecutive Bases Reached
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 28, 2003 10:40 PM | YBS Fan ]

You beat me to the punch. You were close. Ogasawara tied the record of 14 consecutive plate appearances reaching base. From his last at bat against Seibu on August 23, through five at bats on the 24th (against Seibu), four at bats against Orix on the 25th, to when he hit a pop-out to third in his fifth at bat on the 27th (26th was rained out), Ogasawara reached base via four base hits, a double, two home runs, six bases on balls, and an intensional pass.

The first player to reach base 14 consecutive plate appearances was Lotte's Minamibuchi Tokitaka, doing so between July 16 to 25, 1993. Minamibuchi walked 10 out of those 14 plate appearances.

I seemed to have missed it, but it appears that the Giants' Takahashi Yoshinobu matched Minamibuchi earlier this season, June 7 to 11, with only two walks and one intensional pass - the other 11 at bats were all hits (seven singles, two doubles, and two home runs). Wow! How did I miss that?

The record for most consecutive hits, it's held by Taiyo's (now Yokohama BayStars) R.J. Reinolds at 11.
Re: 14 Consecutive Bases Reached
[ Author: Guest: UMASS | Posted: Sep 1, 2003 10:53 AM ]

Thanks for your nice information.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.