Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Akamatsu to Carp

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Akamatsu to Carp
I just read that the Hanshin Tigers gave Masato Akamatsu (OF) to the Hiroshima Carp as compensation for signing Takahiro Arai (3B). If this is true. I think the Carp got a very good young player.
Comments
Re: Akamatsu to Carp
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 8, 2008 10:47 AM | CLM Fan ]

I knew Hiroshima would get something good as a consolation pick. I can't believe the Tigers didn't have Akamatsu under protection. There are so many young pitching duds that they could've kept off the list. Akahoshi is clearly on the decline and Akamatsu was supposed to be his successor. I think Hanshin is going to regret this, because Akamatsu has put up solid numbers on the farm team.
Re: Akamatsu to Carp
[ Author: Guest: Cheese | Posted: Jan 9, 2008 8:43 PM ]

Yep, have to agree here. I think the Tigers have let go of a good prospect. I liked what I saw from Akamatsu. Speed on the base paths and some clutch hitting. Has a bit of work to do on defense, but the cozy confines of the Carp's stadium (if only for one more year) will help him in the outfield. Those same dimensions coupled with his speed should see him stretch some otherwise singles into doubles, too.

Hiroshima should be pleased with this acquisition.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.